On 04/07/2019 at 19:42, JFK-1 said:

If the two window transfer ban is confirmed after appeal I don't see them making the top 4 next season. You can't lose a player like Eden Hazard so integral to that team while not replacing him without slipping back some. I imagine they must appreciate that and will accordingly give Lampard some leeway.

As will the fans for his legend status alone and in fact perhaps that's one reason he was hired.

The top 2 spots will again go to City and Liverpool while the 3rd and 4th will be up for grabs among a handful or so.

Yes will be different without Hazard, but then again there were many games where he just didnt turn up. When up for it he was in the top bracket in Europe, but sadly that happened less and less. Christian Pullisic is not like for like but at £60m Chelsea are paying for his potential and with Kante in his proper position - that will save us a fair few points that we squandered last year as teams waltzed past Jorginho!! I think we will still be on a par with Arsenal and Utd and it will again be those 3 fighting for 4th place, though unless Spurs sign some players they will be in the mix also.

9 hours ago, ian1964 said:

Plus Tripper is moving to Atletico Madrid. A good move for him. He was one of Englands best players at WC 18 yet had a bit of criticism last season.

Just now, ian1964 said:

Four years of being told that Tierney is a wonderful player who is attracting the attention of every big club out there.

BUT... from what I can see there has only been ONE club who have actually made a bid. 

He is a decent player but if he was as good as the usual suspects say, he would have been the subject of REAL interest and many ACTUAL bids long before now.

Could he be a candidate to be a youngster who suffers a degree of burn out and serious injury issues ?

I am inclined to speculate -on no insider/outsider information whatsoever, but solely on the basis of Shameless FC's history of displaying a low cunning- that Bhoy Wonder is deliberately overpriced to discourage bidders, as he may be likely to fail a stringent medical, exposing, thus, his true value to the market. 

Of course, PR-wise the support will be heartened by Mendacity plc's ability to 'fight off predators' from other leagues, and retain the services of a £40M+ (whatever) player. 

29 minutes ago, compo said:

It would be £40 million well invested,  where's that tin hat of mine .

For £40M you won't get a full season out of Tierney. 

You won't even get a full game out of Rogic, and he's marked up at £15M+ (whatever, you choose).

The way the Rhebel are controlling the narrative for this overpriced wee ned who cant defend and is injury prone is truly remarkable. 

Imagine just for a minute this scumbag was our player. The Rhebel would be laughing at suggestions that Arsenal were preparing a bid of around £2M and adding that as he is injury prone, has defensive flaws in his game, cant even get a game for his lowly ranked country, etc etc.

The power of the press is a valuable tool to be using as somehow it still has some respect down south where they will read these stories and give them some credibility where none exists. The Rhebel (and the others) continually downscale our players values and deliberately overhype the scum players values.

De Ligt goes to Juventus from Ajax for 67million. The Ajax side will be broken up but they will have a good few quid in the bank. Its not a bad method yet Id like to see a side like Ajax be back in with the elite of Europe, yet playing outside England, Spain, Italy or Germany dents that nowadays.