On This Day 1986 Rangers set a World Record transfer fee for a goalkeeper

Those were the days, and what a team we had back then.  Souness wanted to build from the back so he got Woods, Butcher and Stevens.  I'm sure Woods still holds the record for the most consecutive minutes played without conceding a goal, but he owed a lot of that to the guys in front of him.  Getting a goal against us was a tough challenge for any team in those days.  I too feel like this was only yesterday.

14 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

Those were the days, and what a team we had back then.  Souness wanted to build from the back so he got Woods, Butcher and Stevens.  I'm sure Woods still holds the record for the most consecutive minutes played without conceding a goal, but he owed a lot of that to the guys in front of him.  Getting a goal against us was a tough challenge for any team in those days.  I too feel like this was only yesterday.

How much would Pickford, Maguire and Walker cost today ?

:eek2:

Edited by buster.

1 hour ago, Gaffer said:

I'm sure this has been beaten quite recently.