[FT] Rangers 5 - 0 Oxford Utd (Candeias 15; Stewart 32; Mayo 53; Ojo 70; Defoe 89)

The area across the road from the stadium towards the car park is across disgrace. Weeds and grass everywhere. Numerous people commented on it. I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for the council to do anything about it though. 

2 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

??????????????????????????????? How many goals does this score???????????????????????????????????

Is that in reply to my post? You don't think the area around the ground is important? 

It's certainly indicative of GCC general incompetence, although I wouldn't say that incompetence is confined to Glasgow.

Anyone expecting them to do any favours for RFC will have a long wait.  

I didn't see it I have only seen the result and read some sketchy reports but 5-0 is a good result and especially so with all the rotation. Also nice that the newbies did well. It's already being derided by the usual suspects hubz/sheep etc as 'only league 1 opposition'

My reply to that would be league 1 is where the bulk of your signings come from. And Oxford are a side who benefit to at least some degree from the English football trickle down effect plus have an average home attendance of 7,315

Only 5 out of the 12 SPL sides can beat that average attendance figure. Kilmarnock, who finished 3rd in the league, have an average of 6,895

Agreed they're no litmus test for our ambitions but as an example of what the 'average' SPL side might face at Ibrox this season I see it as a fine demonstration. 

1 hour ago, Bluedell said:

The area across the road from the stadium towards the car park is across disgrace. Weeds and grass everywhere. Numerous people commented on it. I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for the council to do anything about it though. 

You sure that this is Council owned/controlled land? It could be eg Glasgow Housing Assocn's ground. 

1 hour ago, MacK1950 said:

??????????????????????????????? How many goals does this score???????????????????????????????????

The way I answered was that the topic was about the game today that's all.

I certainly agree that ANYTHING run by Glasgow City is a disgrace but they are full of the same sh***y people as the SFA,SNP etc..

8 hours ago, MacK1950 said:

The way I answered was that the topic was about the game today that's all.

I certainly agree that ANYTHING run by Glasgow City is a disgrace but they are full of the same sh***y people as the SFA,SNP etc..

So it doesn't include walking to and from the ground? Sorry, I didn't realise that the match thread couldn't include anything that happens outside the stadium.

9 hours ago, Uilleam said:

You sure that this is Council owned/controlled land? It could be eg Glasgow Housing Assocn's ground. 

I'd have thought it would be the Council, but I stand to be corrected by someone more knowledgeable.

Annotation 2019-07-08 072525.png