I was sceptical when we signed him, yet trusted SG, and I have to say what a professional he is and still knows his way to goal, his fitness is not in question.

What I am wondering is, when does his contract run out with Bournemouth? and is he someone we should be looking to sign again if he is a free agent? can we afford him?., and would the majority of Rangers fans want to sign him?.

I would like to see him play next season again depending on the wages!!.

I'm not certain, but I think Defoe's contract runs out with Bournemouth when his loan finishes with us. 

I would take him on a rolling contract. Not sure if we could afford him, however. I think he'd be a great option, and a great player to have around, for everyone to learn from.

I do recall seeing a documentary-type show, which highlighted how impressive his fitness was/is.

3 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

Probably the best striker in the league. Shame hes not 22

I doubt we would have him mate if he was 22. We can't even match Chelsea for a 16 year old.

If all goes well here I would expect him to maybe sign for a year or two. At that age is it really worth uprooting one more time? I don’t think so, he came here to achieve something big even in the last years of his career. 

1 hour ago, DMAA said:

If all goes well here I would expect him to maybe sign for a year or two. At that age is it really worth uprooting one more time? I don’t think so, he came here to achieve something big even in the last years of his career. 

Agreed.  And on top of that, him and Gerrard seem to really like each other.  Just finished Gerrard's 1st biography and in it he talks about Defoe being the consummate professional when Rooney was injured before a WC and Defoe was on standby.  Rooney made the squad and apparently Defoe went around the whole squad shaking everyone's hands and wishing them well for the WC - that was the year Ericksson took Walcott in his squad - Gerrard was adamant that England would have had a chance had he taken Defoe instead.  Gerrard spoke of his admiration for Defoe and the way he handled the situation and being left out of the squad for a 17 yr old.

As well as that, Defoe genuinely seems like he is loving life at Rangers.

I would take him after this season again - he doesn't come across as the money grabbing type so could see him willing to stay on reduced wages to round out his career.

Has anyone ever had a bad word to say about Defoe?  He seems very well liked by everyone, which is admirable in itself.

He must be a great influence on his teammates.  I really hope he helps us win the league (has he won a league title before?), first and foremost...after that, we'll see what's what.

The only negative thing I have to say is that the 'Ooh baby, I wanna know' song is bloody awful.

After his time with us I'm sure he will have plenty of options to go to MLS or to China.  However he just doesn't seem like the type to want to travel for the money.  If he's enjoying his football with us I'd hope we could entice him to stay with the prospect of a coaching role because he'd be a great inspiration for the younger players.