Young Well Keeper To Sign For Gers

Motherwell manager Maurice Malpas expects to lose teenage goalkeeper Alan Martin to Rangers.

"It looks as though Alan will be going to Rangers on freedom of contract - they have made compensation enquiries," he told the club website.

"At Motherwell he would be third-choice keeper, he would be playing reserve team football and on the bench with the first team.

"At Rangers he could well be playing at under-19 level for another year."

Meanwhile, Malpas is waiting to hear from signing targets that he has approached.

"I have made offers to three players and I am waiting on a yes or no from them," the former Scotland full-back added.

"I am keen to get these players in before pre-season to make sure they are at the fitness level we require.

"We have made the best offer we can after discussing things with the players and their agents and we know we are in the ball park, it is therefore a case of whether they want to come to Fir Park or not.

"There are two or three others we've got our eye on but the initial three would walk into the first team and the others would be squad players."

Hopefully he will be a good player in the future

Hopefully he will be a good player in the future

Our last Motherwell keeper didn't do too bad.

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HallOfFame/0,,5~52724,00.html

Only thing was i remember him hanging on the crossbar thinking the ball was going over when it was lying in the back of the net. I believe it was a cup final against Aberdeen at Hampden. One for the Rangers Blooper show.

Our last Motherwell keeper didn't do too bad.

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HallOfFame/0,,5~52724,00.html

Only thing was i remember him hanging on the crossbar thinking the ball was going over when it was lying in the back of the net. I believe it was a cup final against Aberdeen at Hampden. One for the Rangers Blooper show.

Wasnt our last Motherwell keeper Ally Maxwell who single handedly gifted Dundee Utd the cup in 1994 and deny us a double treble?

My mate has been talking to Alan Martin. He's a tim but would go to rangers over them any day. He says spurs are interested in him and would obv rather go to them if they come in for him.

My mate has been talking to Alan Martin. He's a tim but would go to rangers over them any day. He says spurs are interested in him and would obv rather go to them if they come in for him.

Was just about the post the same thing :D.

Played in the same team as Aldo for a couple of years for Queens Park.

Excellent goalkeeper, really good with the ball at his feet aswell.

He's a tim but really good guy with a good attitude.

You saying he's a tim but would come to us over Celtic? :confused:

Yep. He says the facilities rangers have are miles better and would help him more.

Fair enough. Although the mhanks are building a training facility, a cheaper Murray Park essentially. But I don't think that would leave the facilities to far behind.

Murray Park is only Murray park IF the players use it correctly. So far a lot of the squad have been lazy and are probably taking it for granted.

Unless Murray is charging them a few bucks entry fee.

If I was a young footballer with a bright future and both Rangers and Celtic were in for me and Celtic had the better training facilities I'd probably join them. It's good to know that the young kids are actually thinking of their careers and not their wallet.