Legia win through. Now the Gers.

10 minutes ago, JohnMc said:

There's a great gift in our trophy room from, I think, Katowice. It's a statue carved from a solid block of coal, they must have had deep seams in Poland. 

The bold Craig or Charles has probably had that on their living room fire by now...

4 hours ago, Briton said:

Is this the first Polish side we have played since Gornik?   Never forget them; I was gutted when they beat us.  It was my first big European disappointment.

I will never forget Gornik because I ran into what was to be my future B-in-law in the street and he said"Have you heard of the new Persil washing powder? Gornik it washes White out. >:(

I was at the Gornik game, but didn’t we go through? We won 3-1 at Ibrox anyway, though iirc was a bit disappointing as we had been 3-0 up at half time.

Anyway, any word on TV coverage for Thursday night?

On 15/08/2019 at 15:07, pete said:

I will never forget Gornik because I ran into what was to be my future B-in-law in the street and he said"Have you heard of the new Persil washing powder? Gornik it washes White out. >:(

Well, I went looking for the man who invented the toothbrush but I couldn't see a plaque anywhere.?

32 minutes ago, 917 said:

I was at the Gornik game, but didn’t we go through? We won 3-1 at Ibrox anyway, though iirc was a bit disappointing as we had been 3-0 up at half time.

Anyway, any word on TV coverage for Thursday night?

We have played them twice in cups and the time under White we lost both games and he was sacked the next day.

Gornik Zabrze against Rangers

Dates Season Cup Round Match Result
12.11.1969 1969/70 CWC 1/8 Final Gornik Zabrze - Rangers 3:1 (2:0)
26.11.1969 1969/70 CWC 1/8 Final Rangers - Gornik Zabrze 1:3 (0:1)
21.10.1987 1987/88 EC 1/8 Final Rangers - Gornik Zabrze 3:1 (3:0)
04.11.1987 1987/88 EC 1/8 Final Gornik Zabrze - Rangers 1:1 (0:1)