Leanne Depster

44 minutes ago, stewarty said:

She seems a very capable woman and a bit more forthright than Robertson.   More akin to the the type of personality we perhaps need right now?   Pure speculation all round though, it would seem.

Robertson comes across as too wishy washy, too weak for me.

9 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

Why do you think that?

She seems excellent at her job, has good relationships with the media and would bring a new enthusiasm without any baggage. What would you say on her suitability?

Edited by cooponthewing

Remarkable. I’ve never seen Dempster working. I’ve never worked with or for her. I’ve never spoken to anyone who has. So I’ve no basis to judge whether she would do a better or worse job than Robertson. Who’d have thought I was the only one? ?

10 minutes ago, Bill said:

Remarkable. I’ve never seen Dempster working. I’ve never worked with or for her. I’ve never spoken to anyone who has. So I’ve no basis to judge whether she would do a better or worse job than Robertson. Who’d have thought I was the only one? ?

Those are not the only criteria for making an assessment of someone and forming a view of their competence.   

28 minutes ago, stewarty said:

Those are not the only criteria for making an assessment of someone and forming a view of their competence.   

But those forming their judgement is based solely on what she does that they can see publicly vs what they see Robertson doing publicly - they have no idea what else both do behind the scenes so as to determine whether or not she would be better than Robertson.

And that is even before we get into the size of the task of leading Rangers vs the size of the task of leading Hibs.  Two completely different propositions.  Pray tell.... What is it that allows peoples to determine she would be better at running Rangers than Robertson is ?

53 minutes ago, stewarty said:

? what would you do, follow the sheep again? ?

24 minutes ago, craig said:

But those forming their judgement is based solely on what she does that they can see publicly vs what they see Robertson doing publicly - they have no idea what else both do behind the scenes so as to determine whether or not she would be better than Robertson.

And that is even before we get into the size of the task of leading Rangers vs the size of the task of leading Hibs.  Two completely different propositions.  Pray tell.... What is it that allows peoples to determine she would be better at running Rangers than Robertson is ?

A heady mix of wishful thinking and bullshit perhaps. ?

3 hours ago, cooponthewing said:

She seems excellent at her job, has good relationships with the media and would bring a new enthusiasm without any baggage. What would you say on her suitability?

I think you may be right about good relationships with the media.  That might lead you to wonder why she appears so excellent to the layman.

I can't say much about her suitability for a number of reasons including, but not limited to, the following:

• I don't know what position we are supposed to be recruiting her for
  • I've never recruited somebody for any aspect of the day-to-day running of a football club
  • I don't know how to measure her performance in her current role

All I really know about her is that she supports Rangers and works at Hibernian.  As it happens we don't appear to be short of Rangers supporters at the club.  So I'm not sure what she would bring that we need.

2 hours ago, Bill said:

This humility is quite incredible!