Current Best Eleven

5 minutes ago, compo said:

It's okay us giving our best eleven  , but does the manager know his best starting line up .

He obviously thinks he does every time he puts a team on the park. It's his job, I'm glad it's not mine.

Edited by Bill

If Ojo was 'our' player (had come up through Auchenhowie, or had been acquired at a young age), would we 

-expect him to be a 1st pick for the 1st XI, or

-feel that a spell on loan would benefit his development?

This seems to me to be a basic issue with bringing young guys in on loan, and it is not a criticism of Ojo. He is just a current example. 

Edited by Uilleam

Out of interest, can anyone offer some stats on Ojo at Rangers? Games played, number of starts, minutes per game, assists, goals, etc. How does that compare with (say) Kent at the same stage in the season last year?

I think Arfield would eventually get back into my XI but I kinda went a bit by form also.

The depth is great at the moment though, to think we still have Jamie Murphy to come back aswell as another option going forward.

I just think we put Sunday to a bad day at the office and we go again after the international break.

14 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I'm bemused by the criticism of Ojo. it seems to have come out of nowhere, and is completely over the top, IMO.

He's a young player that's come in to help out. Okay--he's raw, and often doesn't make the best decisions at times, but he doesn't hide. I thought he was poor against Legia last week, but he was always in the game trying things. 

He's played 9 games for us, scoring 4 and assisting 3. That's superb. He's halfway towards Kent's tally for the whole of last season, in less than a quarter of the games!

I'm not saying he should be a guaranteed starter -- he's not consistent enough, IMO -- but I'm more than pleased with his contribution thus far, and he can improve. 

Good player. 

It hasn't come out of nowhere.

It is all down to his performance against Celtic.

I think he has been good so far apart from that.

With regard to the 'best eleven' he is in a competition with Arfield.  I think he will play more often than not up until January.

Edited by ranger_syntax

19 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I'm bemused by the criticism of Ojo. it seems to have come out of nowhere, and is completely over the top, IMO.

He's a young player that's come in to help out. Okay--he's raw, and often doesn't make the best decisions at times, but he doesn't hide. I thought he was poor against Legia last week, but he was always in the game trying things. 

He's played 9 games for us, scoring 4 and assisting 3. That's superb. He's halfway towards Kent's tally for the whole of last season, in less than a quarter of the games!

I'm not saying he should be a guaranteed starter -- he's not consistent enough, IMO -- but I'm more than pleased with his contribution thus far, and he can improve. 

Good player. 

I hope my comments aren't being misinterpreted. I've defended him from the start saying he at least scores and assists even if his general play isn't always great. I didn't think the OF game was suited to his style and I found his Legia performances particularly poor. However he clearly has plenty to offer and can learn during his spell here. He can learn from Kent's work rate and from how he gets stuck into the opposition. The Ibrox crowd doesn't take well to players who seem to be going into challenges half hearted.

Edited by DMAA

47 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Good player. 

Exactly.

Is there an official supporters group that decides who the next scapegoat will be ... or is it just some random bullshit that emerges from the ether?