[FT] Livingston 0 - 2 Rangers (Aribo 33, Morelos 52)

In his preview, JFK1 talked of going back to the bread and butter SPFL.

I'd add the Livingston trademark of blood and snotters served on a plastic plate, often watched by more than 2 plastic seats to every paying customer.

The governing bodies should be looking to reduce the plastic and discourage such a unedifying menu if it wants to improve general standards in the game.

I don't think this is going to be a game for the faint of heart or too many 'fringe players'. I think the terms often used are go again and max-out prior to the International break.

Not a game to start slowly either.  The fast start and early goal in our League Cup win was fundamental to progress that night. 

Opposition teamsheet will be of interest today, to see if Dykes starts or not. 

For us, two from Ojo and Arfield/Aribo might come in (for Kent and Barker)

Unless Davis or Jack have knocks/niggles, I'd play both.

I'd start Morelos but look to give Defoe 30-45 minutes dependent on how the game was going.

Defence the same.

No excuses, has to be a non-negotiable 3 points.

8 minutes ago, buster. said:

In his preview, JFK1 talked of going back to the bread and butter SPFL.

I'd add the Livingston trademark of blood and snotters served on a plastic plate, often watched by more than 2 plastic seats to every paying customer.

The governing bodies should be looking to reduce the plastic and discourage such a unedifying menu if it wants to improve general standards in the game.

I don't think this is going to be a game for the faint of heart or too many 'fringe players'. I think the terms often used are go again and max-out prior to the International break.

Not a game to start slowly either.  The fast start and early goal in our League Cup win was fundamental to progress that night. 

Opposition teamsheet will be of interest today, to see if Dykes starts or not. 

For us, two from Ojo and Arfield/Aribo might come in (for Kent and Barker)

Unless Davis or Jack have knocks/niggles, I'd play both.

I'd start Morelos but look to give Defoe 30-45 minutes dependent on how the game was going.

Defence the same.

No excuses, has to be a non-negotiable 3 points.

On the Daily Record acast podcast they all expressed the opinion that this is going to be a "horrible watch"

And I have no doubt it will be as they do everything but try to play some football. I could train up 11 random neds from any pub to pretty much do what they will do. And yet the footballing authorities let this go on then complain that TV wont come up with a good deal for Scottish football.

While they effectively guarantee that's not going to change because this is supposed to be an entertainment industry. A "horrible watch" is not going to encourage anyone to pay good money to broadcast it. And that horrible watch is guaranteed to continue while they do nothing to stop the activities of these hammer throwers.

Holt had this to say in the Record after complaining about Gerrard mentioning their anti entertainment anti football activities.

Anyone who thinks a club with Livi’s resources should be embarrassed at not allowing the opposition to play or getting into their faces is kidding themselves.

And there you have it. A straight up admission that their objective is to stop any football being played and for me an admission they have even have an actual intent to injure. Let's not kid ourselves, what's "in their faces" supposed to mean?

2 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

On the Daily Record acast podcast they all expressed the opinion that this is going to be a "horrible watch"

And I have no doubt it will be as they do everything but try to play some football. I could train up 11 random neds from any pub to pretty much do what they will do. And yet the footballing authorities let this go on then complain that TV wont come up with a good deal for Scottish football.

While they effectively guarantee that's not going to change because this is supposed to be an entertainment industry. A "horrible watch" is not going to encourage anyone to pay good money to broadcast it. And that horrible watch is guaranteed to continue while they do nothing to stop the activities of these hammer throwers.

Holt had this to say in the Record after complaining about Gerrard mentioning their anti entertainment anti football activities.

And there you have it. A straight up admission that their objective is to stop any football being played and for me an admission they have even have an actual intent to injure. Let's not kid ourselves, what's "in their faces" supposed to mean?

The fitbaw culture in Scotland will mean there is a sympathetic reception for what Gary Holt is saying and that is before you factor in the Rangers angle.

It should be fairly simple with governing bodies taking the following action...

- Instruct referees to do their job properly and not let 'anything go' because it's Scottish fitbaw. 

- Outlaw plastic pitches in the top tier.

We returned from the last international break to play Hearts at Tynecastle. We were top of the table, Hearts were a point or two off the bottom. We knew what to expect, the ball would be lumped into our box at every opportunity and supported heavily. We started poorly, the Jambos were camped in our final third for twenty minutes. We were 1-zero down and had survived another couple of scares.

Today before the next international break, Livi' will be more of the same. We must start well, on the front foot, take the game to Livi'. Dictate the tempo and we should win comfortably. It is essential we score first and second, whilst retaining defensive discipline. The surface is what it is, ignore it, get the victory and hopefully we will not have to revisit it this season?