Steven Davis

IMO those who are currently being selected have to start again and if they do the business individually and collectively against Kilmarnock, then same again for the 29th.

I note that Davis didn´t play in the League Cup Final and we played them off the park.

That may be the case but quite apart from the those doing the business keeping the jerseys angle.... I think the way we need to play against Celtic is better served by the midfield balance we are currently playing, rather than Davis and Jack playing together.

We need to get after them again #high press

When Gerrard was asked how difficult it would be to pick his striker against Killie, he replied "very easy".  If that's the case, it really should be Defoe.  If Gerrard says that and then plays Morelos, it seems a kick in the teeth to Defoe who was brilliant the other night.  Morelos is our best striker but I'd hope Gerrard wouldn't have such loose lips as to unnecessary demotivate Defoe.

I agree with @buster. about our team against Celtic.  If we put them under pressure they won't be able to live with us.  Davis is a super player but we need to be pressing them all over the pitch, so the current midfield needs to retain its place for the level of energy required in that game.  Then bring on Davis for the last 30 minutes to protect the 3-0 lead.

13 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

When Gerrard was asked how difficult it would be to pick his striker against Killie, he replied "very easy".  If that's the case, it really should be Defoe.  If Gerrard says that and then plays Morelos, it seems a kick in the teeth to Defoe who was brilliant the other night.  Morelos is our best striker but I'd hope Gerrard wouldn't have such loose lips as to unnecessary demotivate Defoe.

I agree with @buster. about our team against Celtic.  If we put them under pressure they won't be able to live with us.  Davis is a super player but we need to be pressing them all over the pitch, so the current midfield needs to retain its place for the level of energy required in that game.  Then bring on Davis for the last 30 minutes to protect the 3-0 lead.

..but go onto get the 4th and 5th so as your prediction comes up :rfc:

Loving those positive vibes !!!

2 hours ago, buster. said:

IMO those who are currently being selected have to start again and if they do the business individually and collectively against Kilmarnock, then same again for the 29th.

I note that Davis didn´t play in the League Cup Final and we played them off the park.

We have looked more fluent/vibrant in every game without him bar one.  I was saying before he got injured we should not be playing him and Kamara.