[FT] Celtic 1 - 2 Rangers (Kent 36; Katic 56)

Scott Brown phantom Celtic vs Rangers 'double booking' mystery explained as Kevin Clancy decision revealed

The Hoops captain was the subject of online speculation after many assumed he had been booked in the run-up to Celtic's penalty.

Online speculation that Scott Brown was booked twice by referee Kevin Clancy has been cleared-up after it emerged that only Niko Katic was carded when Celtic were awarded their penalty in Sunday's powderkeg match with Rangers .

Clancy flashed his yellow card twice in slightly different directions after the incident and while it was obvious Katic was the target of one, the other has remained shrouded in mystery.

The SPFL list only one booking on the 33rd minute, the time of the incident, but online footage of Brown making contact with James Tavernier 's face in the previous phase of play led some to wonder if Brown had gone onto the book.

A yellow for the Hoops captain at that stage would have meant he would be sent-off later in the game.

Record Sport Online understands that referee Clancy raised his card twice because he believed that Katic didn't see the first booking and wanted to issue a clear communication to the Croat defender.

Rangers won the game 2-1 after and incident packed match which saw seven bookings and a red card.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/scott-brown-phantom-celtic-vs-21189428

Billy Dodds has accused Celtic skipper Scott Brown of helping to get Rangers star Alfredo Morelos sent off.

Morelos was booked for a foul on the Hoops midfielder before being shown a second yellow card for simulation in added time at the end of the Light Blues’ 2-1 win.

Dodds, the former Rangers and Scotland striker, admits Morelos was stupid to throw himself down in the box to earn his second caution from referee Kevin Clancy.

But the ex-Ross County assistant is adamant Brown conned Clancy by making a meal of the challenge that brought the Colombian’s first yellow card.

He said: “I don’t know where to go with Alfredo Morelos! He brought so much to the game and he worked his socks off.

“But he found himself being sent-off again.

“Scott Brown got him booked for the first one, no doubt. There was just a little bump and it wasn’t enough, for me, to get a booking but Brown threw himself and got him booked.

“But what Alfredo Morelos has got to realise then is ‘I’m on a yellow’ and he doesn’t dive the way he dived, because it was a blatant dive. You can’t say anything else about it.

“And suddenly, from a decent performance, although he should have scored in the second-half, he must just think ’this isn’t for me, against Celtic’.”

Speaking to the BBC, Dodds added: “He brought so much to the game but, yet again, he finds himself sent-off.

“He just put his two legs together and throws himself and he can’t expect anything other than a red.

“But I thought he was really unlucky to get a booking. Brown certainly got him booked and it’s not a yellow.

"Brown made the most of it and threw himself ridiculously.”

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5119590/dodds-brown-morelos-accuse-help-sent-off-celtic-rangers/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1577790888

49 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

It's officially silly season. So are they implying that poor Mr Christie was rushed to hospital due to a challenge from Alfie? Please be more specific Mr Gutter Press. 

A groin injury? How ironic considering what Mr Clancy missed during the game. 

How long will this Timplosion last? Indefinitely, I hope