MAC CASH FOR GERS

By Alan Nixon 27/06/2007

More Football

WIGAN are ready to sell striker Lee McCulloch to Rangers - as long as the Glasgow giants agree to take centre-half Andy Webster too.

Chairman Dave Whelan accepted a £2million offer for Scotland forward McCulloch after months of haggling, but he wants a guarantee that Webster moves for £500,000.

Webster has been on loan with Gers after a disastrous move to Wigan. But the Ibrox club are yet to commit to taking him back to the SPL full time.

Advertisement

And boss Walter Smith needs to come up with a deal Wigan can accept.

From todays Mirror. £2.5 mill for both.

I doubt he made over 200 Premiership appearances for them!!!

I'm thinking about it and I think he may be a better bet playing as a striker. I just don't think he's a very good left midfielder.

I doubt he made over 200 Premiership appearances for them!!!

I'm thinking about it and I think he may be a better bet playing as a striker. I just don't think he's a very good left midfielder.

192 starts - 44 goals...

Only about a third of those would be in the EPL I'd have thought... Indeed 52 starts is what he's made in the Premeirship itself.

:)

According to Teletext, Jim Jeffries has stated that Killie have rejected Rangers new improved offer for Naismith. The offer was well below what Killie were asking. Surprise surprise!!

Are Killie in any position to knock back any reasonable offer?

Afraid so, he is on a long contract and i believe Killie are actually one of the teams who are reasonably on budget.(I may be wrong on that but i believe i read it somewhere)

Player's of Naismith's class are not kicking about the kIlmarnock main street so they would be better keeping him than selling him for peanuts.

More stories linking us with Faubert, Naismith, McCulloch, Cuellar and Beasley.

If we got these 5 in, would everyone be happy with that.

Would be all our movements in the transfer window?

If we got those 5 in (or players of similar quality) then I would be happy - it would be a step in the right direction - especially if we can tempt Fuabert and Cuellar.

It would also give us a decent squad to build on - meaning limited movement in the next 2 or 3 transfer widows

Cammy F