Empty Seats and Waiting List

My mate, who has had a season ticket for 33 years, doesn't go a lot these days due to illness/old age. He often does give it to someone else but it seems unfair to punish people like him who'd love to go every week but just aren't up to it, but enjoy it when they can.

4 hours ago, Bluedell said:

My mate, who has had a season ticket for 33 years, doesn't go a lot these days due to illness/old age. He often does give it to someone else but it seems unfair to punish people like him who'd love to go every week but just aren't up to it, but enjoy it when they can.

I keep saying this that nobody is being penalised. You would just be asked to let the club know you won't be there. Jeeees?, the club are essentially paying you to do that. As I said the Dortmund idea would leave you having to miss 40%+ games for you to be pulled up. 

To be fair, if you are not there 40%+ of the time and DON'T tell the club, then they lose out on circa £150-250 depending on how much you go. If we times that by several thousand between 10-20 times a season, it's a lot of cash. Additionally, I believe the catering comes back "in house" next season so that's more money (from a business perspective).

Anyway, I only brought it up as I seen Dortmund are planning on doing it, We should all be using Seatsub anyway as it's money for the club?

Edited by cooponthewing

2 hours ago, DMAA said:

Is there any option to sell your seat for the last 15 minutes? About 10 thousand people might be interested in that.

I don't like to see it when they leave, however it is their choice to leave, it's their ticket, they will probably have missed a lot of goals doing what they do so it's their loss.

I would rather they didn't leave but you can't force them to stay, and in fact I myself was bursting for the toilet and left it very late to go for a piss before the journey home.

5 hours ago, ian1964 said:

I don't like to see it when they leave, however it is their choice to leave, it's their ticket, they will probably have missed a lot of goals doing what they do so it's their loss.

I would rather they didn't leave but you can't force them to stay, and in fact I myself was bursting for the toilet and left it very late to go for a piss before the journey home.

I have a prostate that's a cross between a "medicine baw" and a "squeezed lemon"! Just thought I would share that.........:ph34r:

On 23/01/2020 at 18:24, cooponthewing said:

Now we know that we are heading towards 15k on the waiting list and the club are quite rightly pushing seatsub. A pet hate of mine is noticing empty seats at games frequently. I am sure we all know a seat somewhere that is often empty as the occupiers only turn up for "the big games".

Borrussia Dortmund have informed supporters that if they are absent from more than 7 games then they can have their ticket cancelled. We are pushing Seatsub for various reasons, but it seems logical that if you can't make it inform the club, and everyone benefits plus other bears do not miss out on the chance of tickets.

Personally, I would suggest we follow the same line as Dortmund if supporters just leave their seat empty?

I had over a dozen spare on Wednesday, put some on the Ticket Office on Follow Follow and never got so much as a single bite.

For the Killie game on Boxing Day I shifted over 15 via the TO on FF and could have trebled that easily.

9 minutes ago, forlanssister said:

I had over a dozen spare on Wednesday

Normal paper tickets?

I'm struggling to get two tickets for me and my wee boy for the sheep game.  Give me a shout if you have two together. 

1 minute ago, Gonzo79 said:

Normal paper tickets?

I'm struggling to get two tickets for me and my wee boy for the sheep game.  Give me a shout if you have two together. 

No smartcards as the Club no longer do reprints.

Remind me the beginning of the week pretty sure I'll have an Adult and Juvenile together in GR5.