[FT] Rangers 3 - 2 Braga (Hagi 67, 82; Aribo 75)

21 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

What was that Referee like with throw-in decisions!? Jeez. 

At one point the Braga lad passed it straight out, and they still got the throw-in. 

I always say the only thing worse than Scottish referees is European referees. Every time Trincao was blown over by the wind he got a free kick. I can’t stand the way they butcher the beautiful game by making it a non-contact sport. 

17 minutes ago, Frankie said:

This is well worth a watch from an English lad and his Dad who vlog around UK football (they were at Ibrox earlier in the season too)...

Yeah, watched it at 1.15 am as I couldn't sleep as I was still buzzing.

Compare and contrast?

A Father and son duo from London provide a real service, they capture all the drama and atmosphere of a European night at Ibrox. It's top of the range. They engage with the supporters before, during, and after; a true barometer of emotions. They bring a genuine enthusiasm, no agendas. I feared for them eating an Ibrox pie, more adventurous than me. 

The national broadcaster preferred a scenario of three guys talking in a studio half a mile from Ibrox. They were satisfied with two thirds of the match gone and Rangers losing 0-2. They talked about Sellik's class, conveyed none of the emotion of the comeback. They broadcast each of the three goals, scorers and times, in between eulogising French Eddy. At the final whistle, Richard Gordon gave the final scores and went to the news.

....... and we wonder why Donalda MacKinnon has flagged her decision to step down?

1 minute ago, DMAA said:

What do you mean she flagged it?

On Monday, with the viewing figures available for the first year of the new BBC Scotland channel; Donalda stated her intention to stand down as Director of BBC Scotland. She took the designation in December 2016, and immediately supported the proposed £32 million investment in the new channel. A klondyke for lots of existing Producers and Presenters. The channel has bombed, it began poorly and got worse, a lot worse. Apparently, there has been dozens of shows barely registering any viewing figures at all. Sixteen shows returned figures of zero.

Thius, she has stated her intention to step down, hoping to go early Autumn. Under four years is an embarrassment. Already, luminaries such as Cosgrove and O'Neill are flagging up launches of Podcasts. A lot of the usual suspects have grabbed their share of the new channel's budget, and are running.

2 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

On Monday, with the viewing figures available for the first year of the new BBC Scotland channel; Donalda stated her intention to stand down as Director of BBC Scotland. She took the designation in December 2016, and immediately supported the proposed £32 million investment in the new channel. A klondyke for lots of existing Producers and Presenters. The channel has bombed, it began poorly and got worse, a lot worse. Apparently, there has been dozens of shows barely registering any viewing figures at all. Sixteen shows returned figures of zero.

Thius, she has stated her intention to step down, hoping to go early Autumn. Under four years is an embarrassment. Already, luminaries such as Cosgrove and O'Neill are flagging up launches of Podcasts. A lot of the usual suspects have grabbed their share of the new channel's budget, and are running.

A bizarre idea from the beginning. The "need" for a BBC Scotland channel was imagined up by nationalist zealots and imposed on us all.