[FT] Rangers 3 - 2 Braga (Hagi 67, 82; Aribo 75)

52 minutes ago, DMAA said:

A bizarre idea from the beginning. The "need" for a BBC Scotland channel was imagined up by nationalist zealots and imposed on us all.

No reason why you can’t have one. But if you are going to do it it doesn’t cost £32m pa especially where that £32m doesn’t even represent £32m investment in new productions and talent. 

She was strongly advised. She should have told London that it won’t work. She didn’t, it hasn’t and many other areas of her organisation such as Sportsound continue to operate an embargo against hundreds of thousands of people who contribute healthily to her salary and pension pot. 

Let’s be clear as well on the Rangers issue. BBC Scotland do not operate just a boycott of Rangers. They operate an embargo against all Rangers fans in the country by prohibiting and blocking appropriate coverage of our matches through ‘editorial choice’ (no laughing at the back), and last night was a spectacular example of their bloody mindedness and failure to see reason in their ongoing deprivation of Rangers fans rights. 

No wonder they can’t run a national channel. They can’t even cover football properly. 

Edited by Walterbear

13 minutes ago, Walterbear said:

BBC Scotland do not operate just a boycott of Rangers. They operate an embargo against all Rangers fans in the country by prohibiting and blocking appropriate coverage of our matches through ‘editorial choice’

And it goes way beyond just not attending Ibrox, as we all know. I compared the word count on their match reports of Rangers and Celtic's away European matches last season and it was shocking. Celtic's match reports had something like triple the word count consistently. If only we could get a "word count" of the free radio advertisement they get. They must spend at least 5 times more time talking about them than us, and that's before you even begin to compare how positive or negative what they are saying is. They've shown their true colours since they have been given this excuse.

It isn't a popular view on here but I still think we should take that excuse away and deal with the matter in other ways. I totally understand why that's unthinkable for others but the stand-off has gone on for too long and the BBC are getting away with not fulfilling their charter to cover us, I'm not seeing any prospect of them facing any consequences whatsoever for their actions as things stand.

Lol this thread is comedy gold reading some of the early posts. What a night and one of the most unbelievable turnarounds i have witnessed.

Can we pull off the shock next week now too?! Why not. Big blow not having Morelos but Kamberi has impressed me in his cameos. I would start him on Sunday too

1 hour ago, Whosthedado said:

Lol this thread is comedy gold reading some of the early posts. What a night and one of the most unbelievable turnarounds i have witnessed.

Can we pull off the shock next week now too?! Why not. Big blow not having Morelos but Kamberi has impressed me in his cameos. I would start him on Sunday too

Doubt Kamberi will start or even play on Sunday. If he gets injured then we’ve no recognised striker for Wednesday 

9 hours ago, compo said:

Let's be honest until we got the equaliser we were rank rotten we got switched on with our first goal and never looked back 

I thought it was over at 2-0 and saw no way back into it. In saying that I wouldn't have left with 30 minutes remaining. Braga were clearly in the ascendancy that first hour yet Rangers had still created multiple chances and should have had at least one goal.

As for Hagi he's clearly a game changer. Hoping the price for him was settled when the loan deal with option to buy was signed. Can only see him getting even better which could encourage Genk to squeeze us if the price hasn't already been agreed.

The two footed nature of his talent is astounding and will get him a lot of goals. How many times is a good chance lost as a player takes a touch or even two to get the ball on to a favoured foot? He can just go for it no matter how it falls to him.

Saw him score two penalties for Genk in a single game. Took each penalty with a different foot. 

Hagi is clearly a step up in quality but he isn't unique. When we were signing Carlos Pena other clubs were signing young talent like Hagi. You have to believe there are always players like Hagi or Morelos or Barisic or Jack out there. One of the greatest improvements is that at long last we're starting to find some of them. We should never stop believing that we can improve on every member of our squad. Even Hagi.

Edited by Bill

1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

I thought it was over at 2-0 and saw no way back into it. In saying that I wouldn't have left with 30 minutes remaining. Braga were clearly in the ascendancy that first hour yet Rangers had still created multiple chances and should have had at least one goal.

As for Hagi he's clearly a game changer. Hoping the price for him was settled when the loan deal with option to buy was signed. Can only see him getting even better which could encourage Genk to squeeze us if the price hasn't already been agreed.

The two footed nature of his talent is astounding and will get him a lot of goals. How many times is a good chance lost as a player takes a touch or even two to get the ball on to a favoured foot? He can just go for it no matter how it falls to him.

Saw him score two penalties for Genk in a single game. Took each penalty with a different foot. 

None of this is new news JFK.

And Re Hagi and his price, that has already been agreed upon - it is 5 million Euros, about 4.5 million pounds.

52 minutes ago, Bill said:

Hagi is clearly a step up in quality but he isn't unique. When we were signing Carlos Pena other clubs were signing young talent like Hagi. You have to believe there are always players like Hagi or Morelos or Barisic or Jack out there. One of the greatest improvements is that at long last we're starting to find some of them. We should never stop believing that we can improve on every member of our squad. Even Hagi.

For three years we’ve been pretty much led to believe there are no natural number 10s out there we can sign of the required quality at the right price. We’ve signed one now for £3m less than we paid for Kent. 

Just now, DMAA said:

For three years we’ve been pretty much led to believe there are no natural number 10s out there we can sign of the required quality at the right price. We’ve signed one now for £3m less than we paid for Kent. 

I think it’s all a question of who’s doing the looking.