[FT] Ross County 0 - 1 Rangers (Kent 77)

3 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

As poor as we've been, I do feel like we create some openings, but we're just not clinical at all. 

Davis found some space to take a strike, but it's straight at the 'keeper; completely wasted. 

I saw the team sheet and followed through with my threat of not watching.  However, I couldn't help but check on Gersnet at half time.  @Rousseau, this is what we have said almost every week this year.  I really thought I was the most optimistic bear on this site but the team has lost me, as has the manager now.  What is it that you think will change?  You're watching the same players do the same things.  I admire your persistence, but I just can't bring myself to waste any more time watching this garbage.  I thought Gerrard was the guy I wanted in charge for a long time, but if we don't get him help from someone more experienced it's only a matter of time before he goes.  The sad thing now is that I think I'll be relieved.

At this point even if we did change it, going with plan B, C, D, E or F, we'd still be sh*te if the players continue to take an age to do anything, misplace their pass, over hit a cross, and/or sky a shot. 

2 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

I saw the team sheet and followed through with my threat of not watching.  However, I couldn't help but check on Gersnet at half time.  @Rousseau, this is what we have said almost every week this year.  I really thought I was the most optimistic bear on this site but the team has lost me, as has the manager now.  What is it that you think will change?  You're watching the same players do the same things.  I admire your persistence, but I just can't bring myself to waste any more time watching this garbage.  I thought Gerrard was the guy I wanted in charge for a long time, but if we don't get him help from someone more experienced it's only a matter of time before he goes.  The sad thing now is that I think I'll be relieved.

I'm not saying it's good enough; far from it. 

I just feel like we do create some openings -- I'm not saying they are good chances or enough -- only to show a complete lack of quality. 

Today we've had a couple of long range shots hit straight at the 'keeper. If they go in, or make the 'keeper work and bit more, it changes the game. 

But, we look hopeless. 

• Frankie changed the title to Ross County 0 - 0 Rangers
1 minute ago, Rousseau said:

At this point even if we did change it, going with plan B, C, D, E or F, we'd still be sh*te if the players continue to take an age to do anything, misplace their pass, over hit a cross, and/or sky a shot. 

I agree with that to a certain extent, but if these players can't do it, we cannot tolerate it.  We have to put on the younger players.  This isn't just a blip, this is a persistent car crash and Gerrard is just watching it.  He has to demonstrate that he sees there's a problem and change the players.

2 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

I agree with that to a certain extent, but if these players can't do it, we cannot tolerate it.  We have to put on the younger players.  This isn't just a blip, this is a persistent car crash and Gerrard is just watching it.  He has to demonstrate that he sees there's a problem and change the players.

It's certainly more than a blip, but we all know these players are capable of better. 

I completely agree: drop them. But, then Gerrard runs the risk of playing squad players and youngsters -- he'll get slaughtered for that too. 

It's a nightmare. 

I'm actually much happier with Polster's positioning: it's much higher and wider than Tavernier. Tavernier is always coming onto the ball from deep, which makes it easier to deal with for defenders.

Right on cue: we give the ball away sloppily to give them a chance out of nothing.  

1 minute ago, Rousseau said:

It's certainly more than a blip, but we all know these players are capable of better. 

I completely agree: drop them. But, then Gerrard runs the risk of players squad players and youngsters. 

That's correct, but if he had done that after a few bad results it would have sent the right signal to the rest of the players, and it would have kept the crowd behind the team.  Now he's losing the respect of the players and he's lost the crowd (at least I believe he's lost the confidence of a growing minority like me).