SPFL Season declaration challenged legally (ongoing discussion)

17 hours ago, Bill said:

Out of interest, if Rangers was 13 points ahead in the league after 30 games and the competition was cancelled, after all we've been through these last 8 years, can you honestly say you wouldn't want the title awarded to Rangers?

If the roles were reversed and the circumstances the same.

Personally, I´d allow them to make the noise up until the title is awarded, then as a club put out a statement saying that although we´d take the CL entry, we wouldn´t consider it a full title and the number going into a prospective 2020/21 would still be 8IAR.

Edited by buster.
speling

1 hour ago, Bill said:

Out of interest, if Rangers was 13 points ahead in the league after 30 games and the competition was cancelled, after all we've been through these last 8 years, can you honestly say you wouldn't want the title awarded to Rangers?

Clearly such option would never have been on the table.

I have just read the comments on the BBC SPFL league reconstruction article.

It's mainly infested by yahoos claiming this is all happening because the SPFL and SFA are staffed by Rangers people who want to see them lose out on 9 in a Row.

?

4 hours ago, Bill said:

Dont think there's much chance of our current lot being 13 points 

5 hours ago, compo said:

going by the  Ayrshire calculator we should just say we would have won all our remaining games and the horrid lot would drop points 55s in the bag ?

That isn't using the Ayrshire calculator though if comparing Rangers to Talbot.

If Rangers win all their games they need Celtic to drop points elsewhere.  Talbot could win their league with plenty of games to spare.  Kilwinning COULD end up on 68 points if they win their remaining 5 games.  That would leave them 27 points ahead of Talbot.  However, if Talbot won their remaining games they would finish the season on 83 points - a full 15 points, or 5 games, ahead of Kilwinning.

Your comparison is flawed compo, significantly.

Either way, this still shows (despite me being a Talbot fan) how much of a farce it is to award team's league titles in this manner.  Look at Raith Rovers getting promoted at the expense of Falkirk...1 point separated them and Raith still had to go to Falkirk yet.  It is utter lunacy.

6 hours ago, blueflag said:

The junior stuff makes spfl look half competent. Shambles

They have all up sticks to the new lowland leagues pyramid scheme tho for next season. Total mess

The table in the junior belies what is actually the case - it is only when you read the narrative you get the full story.  9 games in hand and Talbot fairly significantly ahead in every single metric in the West Premiership.  It is still bonkers to award the league on that basis though.

I imagine the vast majority of Junior fans would be in agreement Talbot would have won the league anyway, but that isn't exactly the point.

3 hours ago, buster. said:

If the roles were reveresed and the circumstances the same.

Personally, I´d allow them to make the noise up until the title is awarded, then as a club put out a statement saying that although we´d take the CL entry, we wouldn´t consider it a full title and the number going into a prospective 2020/21 would still be 8IAR.

Well we know for sure THAT statement wont be getting made from Parkhead :roflmao:

3 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

I have just read the comments on the BBC SPFL league reconstruction article.

It's mainly infested by yahoos claiming this is all happening because the SPFL and SFA are staffed by Rangers people who want to see them lose out on 9 in a Row.

?

eh ?  That lot seriously have an alternative reality.

I actually had a Hibs supporting friend, normally logical and a smart guy, said to me "Do you think that the ICT CEO had been got at ?  Inexplicable vote".  I had to reply to him... "I know what you're getting at (ex-Rangers and/or rumours RFC were offering him a job) but no.  How is it an inexplicable vote when his team are sitting in the play-off spots in the Championship and could have been promoted to the top division had they been successful.  That opportunity has now been denied them".  How is that inexplicable ?  He clearly voted for what made most sense for ICT. Self-interest ?  Absolutely.  Inexplicable ?  certainly not.