SPFL Season declaration challenged legally (ongoing discussion)

1 hour ago, Bill said:

Could Doncaster step down before Tuesday? 

I fully expect that Doncaster will step down if, and only if, he simultaneously trousers a large wedge of hush money.

The interesting question is who -in current circumstance- will approve a substantial disbursement to a clown who is leaving because of his failures in corporate governance, knowledge of which is in the public domain (due at least in part to his actions) to ensure that he keeps quiet about said failures? 

Just now, Uilleam said:

I fully expect that Doncaster will step down if, and only if, he simultaneously trousers a large wedge of hush money.

The interesting question is who -in current circumstance- will approve a substantial disbursement to a clown who is leaving because of his failures in corporate governance, knowledge of which is in the public domain (due at least in part to his actions) to ensure that he keeps quiet about said failures? 

I was thinking more of him agreeing to step down if clubs vote against an independent investigation, thereby protecting certain other, shall we say more important, people. It will be easy enough for him to be given a soft financial landing without bothering SPFL funds. 

11 minutes ago, Bill said:

I was thinking more of him agreeing to step down if clubs vote against an independent investigation, thereby protecting certain other, shall we say more important, people. It will be easy enough for him to be given a soft financial landing without bothering SPFL funds. 

He is on £400K pa or thereby. 

I can't see him getting a job as a solicitor, anywhere; conveyancing clerk maybe, but I wouldn't trust him with that responsibility, would you?

Surely no football club, or any other sports outfit will touch him; damaged goods, under a cloud, from Scottish Fitba'?

How much backsheesh will (have to be) proffered to ensure his departure, and his silence?

31 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

He is on £400K pa or thereby. 

I can't see him getting a job as a solicitor, anywhere; conveyancing clerk maybe, but I wouldn't trust him with that responsibility, would you?

Surely no football club, or any other sports outfit will touch him; damaged goods, under a cloud, from Scottish Fitba'?

How much backsheesh will (have to be) proffered to ensure his departure, and his silence?

If he thinks he's going down anyway but can salvage another arranged "appointment" elsewhere in return for preventing an investigation that would expose Peter ... then of course he would jump at it. I could see Doncaster landing a job at UEFA for example, where you know who has some connections. At the end of the day, SPFL strategy will be determined by Peter Lawwell, for the benefit and protection of Peter Lawwell.

37 minutes ago, Bill said:

If he thinks he's going down anyway but can salvage another arranged "appointment" elsewhere in return for preventing an investigation that would expose Peter ... then of course he would jump at it. I could see Doncaster landing a job at UEFA for example, where you know who has some connections. At the end of the day, SPFL strategy will be determined by Peter Lawwell, for the benefit and protection of Peter Lawwell.

You may be right; Lawwell's silence may be due to organising a soft landing for his man (who knows where some -not, I'll hazard, all- of the corpses are), and not to acting under strictest advisement.

It is remarkable that a dignified silence is coming from Piggery Place. 

Edited by Uilleam

52 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

It is remarkable that a dignified silence is coming from Piggery Place. 

Thay have a knack for keeping very quiet when it suits them.  And keeping others quiet too.

Inverness CT has released a statement, but its website appears to have crashed.

Inter alia, I am advised that the Club declared

".... please know that we will testify to the bullying and threats made against our club on Friday 10th by an SPFL Board member and the threats against others by the same SPFL Board member and how these threats were “reported back to the centre” and to the SPFL CEO directly on the day with evidence at any genuine independent investigation with the proper and appropriate scope, should there be one, or at any further subsequent action thereafter. These were threats and not robust conversations."

Edited by Uilleam