I don't deny it was a free kick geo - but Henry was clutching his face, as you say, to get Puyol sent off - and I HATE seeing that !

And ZZ makes it 3 !!!!!!!!!!!

i agree, play-acting ruins the game completely!

And not something I previously associated Henry with.

Can't believe France have scored 3 goals......

cant believe spain have under-achieved in another major tourney! :eek: specially the way they started this one!

cant believe spain have under-achieved in another major tourney! :eek: specially the way they started this one!

I would normally agree with you geo - not sure that it is an under-achievement when they went out to France though (although it has to be admitted that France are a poor reflection of their former selves).

I do think that Spain should have been looking to make the final though - pretty unfortunate they didn't go through because they have played some of the most attractive football of the tournament.

what about the arrogance at the end their from steve rider! :eek:

" and brazil play france in the last quarter-final knowing the winner will play england!"

feck right off ya twat! attitudes like that piss me off!

im disappointed in spain, i really thought they'd get pretty far the way they were playing! i see where ur coming from re getting beat of france is no great deal, but i did mean just the way france have been playing!

what about the arrogance at the end their from steve rider! :eek:

" and brazil play france in the last quarter-final knowing the winner will play england!"

feck right off ya twat! attitudes like that piss me off!

im disappointed in spain, i really thought they'd get pretty far the way they were playing! i see where ur coming from re getting beat of france is no great deal, but i did mean just the way france have been playing!

He said that ? Now that IS arrogance.

Yeah, I know what you mean geo - normally would say that Spain were unlucky to come up against France but given France have been pap in this WC it could go down as an under-achievement from Spain.

Agreed, I thought Spain would make the final from that half of the draw because neither Brazil nor England have impressed - Portugal/Spain would have been a good game but I fear that Portugal will be under strength against England

It was a very good game, one of the better ones of this WC - but Henry's moment of 'simulation' shall we say was no better than Rivaldo's outrageous attempt at the '98 world cup.

Utter disgrace and he should be given a posthumus red card for it.

He's completely gone down in my estimation - he was one of the better ones till that moment.

And as for that comment by Steve Rider - well that's a shocking lack of respect for Portugal if it's true. Comments like that are why most Scots love to see England get the stuffing knocked out of them.