Carlos Cuellar - Welcome to Rangers

Is also being reported on the desktop news service from the official site.

Welcome to Rangers big man !

WALTER SMITH has secured the services of highly-rated Spanish star Carlos Cuellar as he continues to formulate his squad for the new campaign.

The Osasuna defender, who played against Rangers in last season's UEFA Cup, jetted in last night to seal the deal and undergo a medical.

Now Cuellar, who has signed a four-year contract, will join his new team mates this weekend after becoming the sixth new capture since the tail end of last season, following the signings of Jean-Claude Darcheville, DaMarcus Beasley, Graeme Smith, Kirk Broadfoot and Alan Gow.

Rangers became aware of Cuellar when they went to watch Osasuna ahea do the last 16 clash in the UEFA Cup and subsequently kept tabs on him.

Snith believes he is landing an excellent player who also has a terrific future in the game given that he is still only 25.

Smith said: "We're delighted to sign Carlos. We were impressed with him when we went to watch Osasuna before our UEFA Cup tie and also in the tie itself.

"We then followed up on that and decided to make an offer to Osasuna. I'm very pleased that we have now done the deal and I feel sure he will be an excellent addition to our squad."

COMING UP - EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEWS WITH CARLOS AND WALTER ON WORLD

Good signing this IMO. A young highly rated centre half. If Webster comes good then we could have a good partnership on the making.

BTW, how do you pronouce his name? Is it Kewlar? or is it Kooler? :)

Well i know nothing about this player so i don't know if he's worth the money or not,1.8m for Whitaker is not a gamble or waste of money as we all know what he can do and that he will improve with a move to Rangers