The Summer 2020 Transfer Window Now Closed: Zungu signs on loan with option to buy

8 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Lille President was on Talk Sport this morning and confirmed they had a £16M bid for Alfedo rejected by Rangers. Said they are now well covered in the forward areas but may return with an improved offer for Alfredo. 

I’m not sure we will get a better bid than that. This is drawing out as I feared.

There was one guy on FF saying we are moving on an EPL striker today though, which would suggest movement on Morelos. 

17 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Lille President was on Talk Sport this morning and confirmed they had a £16M bid for Alfedo rejected by Rangers. Said they are now well covered in the forward areas but may return with an improved offer for Alfredo. 

Good! I'm glad we are showing some balls in pricing our players. I'm happy for him to stay, but if he is to leave we should be getting top £'s for our best players.

17 minutes ago, DMAA said:

I’m not sure we will get a better bid than that. This is drawing out as I feared.

There was one guy on FF saying we are moving on an EPL striker today though, which would suggest movement on Morelos. 

It’s all a matter of who blinks first.  Lille saying they are covered whilst we say their offer isn’t sufficient.  Nothing wrong with that.

Appears that Lille MIGHT have blinked first by saying they “might come back in with an improved offer”.

Time will tell.

I think I’d prefer to move on Kent than Morelos and replace Kent with a little more end product - and I’m surprised I say that because Kent gives you 100% every single time he steps on the pitch..... but at what we paid we aren’t quite getting value for money.  But the issue with keeping Morelos is whether his heart will be in it if his head has been turned.

Decisions decisions.  Can’t imagine us picking up any new forward players unless Morelos or Kent are moving on.

The issue with selling Kent rather than Alfredo is to recoup the same "profit" we'd need to see Kent for circa £25M which isn't gonna happen (yet).

Could it be for financial security, we need to sell both? However, £10M for Kent is way too low and we shouldn't be entertaining anything led than double that.

2 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Sounds like our transfer strategy is a bit stupid.

There's a distinct difference between our DoFs, which is to be expected. 

Allen was good at the business side of it, and pretty much built our DoF structure from scratch, but his recruitment record is patchy. 

Wilson looks to be much better in recruitment, thus far. 

Was Middleton not bought for the Academy? He wasn't actually first-team material, he just performed well and had an opportunity at the time.