Lyon v Rangers

Decent performance - better than expected.  The ref resembled an SFA ref.  Kent shouldn't have reacted like that.  The new boy from Leicester looked a bit all over the place when he came on.  We should've scored 3 or 4 but Lyon should've scored too.

Edited by Gonzo79

I thought the ref over-reacted in sending Kent off.  It was silly of him to raise his hands but it wasn't a red card I didn't think.

Solid performance from 40 minutes onwards and even creating problems on the break with pacy counters.

We can never read too much into pre-season friendlies but it was certainly a good workout to help prepare for the Leverkusen game.

We certainly can’t take too much out of friendlies.  However, we also shouldn’t forget that Lyon are just a couple of weeks away from a massive Champions League tie away to Juventus where Lyon currently hold a slender 1-0 lead.

Was it a friendly ? Yes

Would Lyon have been looking for a win ?  Absolutely.

i guess we will see tomorrow where we are given we swap fixtures with Celtic.  Our starting XI isn’t our problem UMHO, it’s our lack of depth and variability off the bench.

1 hour ago, craig said:

i guess we will see tomorrow where we are given we swap fixtures with Celtic.  Our starting XI isn’t our problem UMHO, it’s our lack of depth and variability off the bench.

Didnt think we did too badly from the bench last night when changing things up.

3 minutes ago, onevision said:

Didnt think we did too badly from the bench last night when changing things up.

Should have scored twice and remember McLaughlin was only gers player to play full game.