[FT] Rangers 4 - 0 Motherwell (Kent, Hagi, Aribo, OG)

4 hours ago, Frankie said:

First half really was excellent at times and I think we can be very happy with how pre-season has gone so far.

Defoe injury is really unfortunate as I feel he's looked sharp but if it means we can expedite the signing of another striker, then it may turn out to be a positive.

I suspect we actually need to find two new strikers, the most important requirement being to replace Morelos, who simply has to be sold if we're going to fund a better squad than last season.

one thing that last night showed , when we take our foot of the gas and play at a slower tempo we have the same issues we had post split last season . Also though we have numbers in the squad we simply dont have comparable quality , thats why we need players out asap , possibly as many as 8 , and 4 decent signings in , whether or not it happenms god only knows.

Lastly and I cant believe i am going to say this as I love the guy , but we would be better off without Alfie the way we are going to play .

19 minutes ago, rbr said:

one thing that last night showed , when we take our foot of the gas and play at a slower tempo we have the same issues we had post split last season . Also though we have numbers in the squad we simply dont have comparable quality , thats why we need players out asap , possibly as many as 8 , and 4 decent signings in , whether or not it happenms god only knows.

Lastly and I cant believe i am going to say this as I love the guy , but we would be better off without Alfie the way we are going to play .

Agree with most of what you say, but I think Alfie is crucial to the way we play. He can occupy an entire defence as a loan striker and that allows the likes of Hagi and Aribo to shine. 

Last season we were too reliant on Alfies goals, and I know it's only pre-season but we've scored 8 in three games without Alfie scoring.

Whilst selling him will bring in money to build with, replacing what he contributes (when he is at his best) will be very difficult. 

51 minutes ago, rbr said:

It's been apparent for months that Morelos needs to go. He's been great but if we're honest he's never been able to sustain it, whether because of suspensions or simple loss of form. In that respect he's no different from most of the team but the difference is his leaving can generate the funds we need to improve the squad, others can't. He simply must be sold and sold well, while the gloss is still on his Europa League stats.

1 minute ago, Bill said:

It's been apparent for months that Morelos needs to go. He's been great but if we're honest he's never been able to sustain it, whether because of suspensions or simple loss of form. In that respect he's no different from most of the team but the difference is his leaving can generate the funds we need to improve the squad, others can't. He simply must be sold and sold well, while the gloss is still on his Europa League stats.

After watching the last three games I would say he would rather be somewhere else playing his football I might be wrong but I think he's lost his mojo

Just now, compo said:

After watching the last three games I would say he would rather be somewhere else playing his football I might be wrong but I think he's lost his mojo

I think he lost it well before lockdown. Everyone has a lifespan at Rangers and we need to cash in before it becomes apparent Alfredo has run his course.

It will be sad to see him go and IMO it is the "Glasgow bubble" that is causing a fair bit of his demeanour/problem along with the constant worry that referees give him as well as the negativity of the mhedia.

Considering the behaviour of Morelos and Leigh Griffiths on and off the park, anyone would think Griffiths would be the easy pantomime villain for the press.

Both are prone to tantrums and immature acts on the park, as well as being good footballers.

Off the park, Alfie is married with a kid and does unbelievable charity work with impoverished people in his native land.

Off the park, Griffiths is a gambler, a convicted racist, has several kids with several mothers and is an all-round degenerate. 

?

17 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Considering the behaviour of Morelos and Leigh Griffiths on and off the park, anyone would think Griffiths would be the easy pantomime villain for the press.

Both are prone to tantrums and immature acts on the park, as well as being good footballers.

Off the park, Alfie is married with a kid and does unbelievable charity work with impoverished people in his native land.

Off the park, Griffiths is a gambler, a convicted racist, has several kids with several mothers and is an all-round degenerate. 

?

You forgot the ''rumours'' of his abuse of the white powder!!, alledged