Using Calscots post on another thread (I like your Carroll spelling mate :) ) it will be interesting to see what / who is the starting formation and line up.

So the squad for next season may be:

MacGregor/Carol/Smith

Whittaker/Hutton/Lowing

Wier/Ehiogu/Broadfoot

Cueller/Webster

Smith/Papac/Murray

Novo/Burke/Sionko

Ferguson/Furman

Hemdani/Thomson

Beasley/McCulloch/Adam

Boyd/Gow/Sebo

Darcheville/A.N.Other - Naismith?/Buffel/Lennon

I still think we need another player or 2 to come in and fit straight into the first XI, preferably a right midfielder/winger and a creative player.

But by going on what we have at the moment id go this:

______________McGregor_____________

Hutton______Weir____Cuellar______Smith

Novo_____Ferguson___Hemdani___McCulloch

_________Darcheville____Sebo__________

There's certainly options now which is a start. I think whether Sebo starts or not will depend on how he does in pre-season matches. McCulloch is also right footed, so could slot in to a few of the positions.

TBH I don't know enough about our summer signings to say where they might play, so its going to be a very interesting pre-season seeing how they all fit in.

McGregor

Hutton

Smith

Weir

Cuellar

Novo

Beasley

Fergie

Hemdani

Darcheville

Boyd

That midfield won't put the frightners on anyone. It's shocking!

BTW, what's the correct pronounciation of Cuellar? Is it Coolar, Cue-lar, what?

McCulloch wouldn't even make my subs bench unless there was a massive injury crisis.

McGregor

Hutton Weir Cuellar Smith

Beasley Ferguson Thomson Adam

Boyd Darcheville

Wierd one, maybe put Beasley on the right even though he's left footed to cut inside from the wing as you simply can't leave out 14 goal Charlie Adam ??

What about a chicken counting midfield of:

Whitaker Ferguson Hemdani/Thomson Beasley/McCulloch

Doesn't look that bad.

With Novo and Buke and Adam as backup, we're reasonably well covered on the wings at least domestically. It's centrally we look a bit thin.

Finding a consistent front two may be difficult even though we have about 7 or 8 strikers.

The first picks must be Darcheville and Boyd. Buffel may get a chance if he gets his finger out and shows some form and Gow looks like he may be worth a sub role. Sebo still has to show he is a player and Novo is still working hard but maybe just lacking in accomplished finishing. Lennon is still knocking on the door but will probably be used sparingly. And of course McCulloch can also play there.

So even though we have have loads of strikers, ironically I'm not surprised we're after another one of a higher standard than most of them.

I can easily see Buffel and/or Sebo moved on to make room.

I was thinking about Beasley and McCulloch out wide with Ferguson and Hemdani/Thomson in the middle.

Novo is a trier with great workrate, but he just lacks the composure to be a real threat whether playing out wide or up front. If the new signings play well, he'll be a squad player at best.

Up front I'd have thought it would be D'Archeville and Boyd. Boyd is a stick-on to be in one of the positions, so its a case of who plays with him.