[FT] Rangers 3 (McCarthy og 24; Morelos 69, 74) - 0 St Mirren

Just now, BlackSocksRedTops said:

That's the problem. Jack doesn't get forward enough so it ends up as 2 holding players 

Who's the alternative? Arfield? He's been pretty poor going forward - although he does get stuck in defensively.

We really don't have any better options in those areas. 

I thought Arfield looked sharp the other night but he was playing a bit deeper as well. In saying that he was in and around the box more than Kamara and Jack usually get so I think he's unlucky not to start today.

Worth noting as well though that St Mirren did OK in their last game and caused us problems last season with their strength in the middle of the park so I'm not overly surprised the manager is happy to find his way into the game/new season with a conservative line up.

Plenty options to change it if the game isn't as open as we'd like.

1 minute ago, Tannochsidebear said:

It said on RTV the programme was to start 45 mins before kick off, which would be 2.15 but I just have the2 club crests on screen.

Anyone got anything different?

Nope, I think we're going to have to wait until 2.30pm for the start...

We are really testing the tactical approach of the opposition ever new week. As we have the last 23odd months.

I'd also risk an off-from Morelos ahead of an upcoming transfer instead of e.g. Itten or Stewart, who has not even made the bench. Well, well ...