[FT] Rangers 3 (McCarthy og 24; Morelos 69, 74) - 0 St Mirren

Decent start, Hagi had a couple of chances, Aribo looking sharp, but I must admit I’m absolutely hating the fake crowd noise.  Anyone know if there is an option to turn this off and just have comms?

Clive Tyldesley is a top commentator, I’m enjoying him already.

• Frankie changed the title to [HT] Rangers 1 (McCarthy og 24) - 0 St Mirren

Decent 1st half, some great football and Alnwick keeping St Mirren in the game. 

Balogun looks a real find, Alfie playing well but Aribo playing too wide IMO

Some more goals in 2nd half please Rangers! 

Pleased with that first half.

We're moving the ball well, have created a few good chances and certainly deserved more than the one goal we do have.  Ironically Alnwick has made a few fine stops in his first game against us since leaving but we have been guilty of a few wasteful touches and passes in good positions, especially later in the half.

Good news is we look very strong defensively with Balogun and Goldson again dominating the sole St Mirren striker but we need to keep our concentration to avoid giving away needless set-plays that could cost us.

Fingers crossed we can go on and score a few more in the second period.  Itten should make his debut and someone like Jones or Barker might make better use of the wider areas to allow Aribo to play centrally.

I think we've played very well, but there are echoes of last week where we've not really stepped it up. I'm looking for more - it looks like it's there. 

It's most definitely a 4-2-3-1 from us, with Hagi central, Aribo wide right. 

I can't complain about Morelos: he looks alright. He's playing between the posts, generally, and had a few difficult chances that worked the 'keeper.

I'm generally happy, but I want more.

How many players have they got in our box?!

Aribo somewhat wasted on the wing, Kent full of running and so far, little end product (imagine the bother he would get if his name was Barker and Jones) and thus Hagi with litte and constantly changing partners. IMHO, we need a right winger so Aribo can go central or another striker. We DO NOT need Jack and Kamara, for while Jack does get forward, his offensive abilities are moderate ,,,

McCann is saying exactly that, too few targets in the area ...

That said, 3 great saves from their goalie and we should be 3 or 4 up by now.

Edited by der Berliner