[FT] Rangers 3 (McCarthy og 24; Morelos 69, 74) - 0 St Mirren

The last couple of seasons have seen us really struggle to break ST Mirren down, last season was only 1-0 both at home and away. 

This will be a good test to see if SG has managed to come up with a different solution to the problem we will see in over 20 league games this season, breaking down a packed defence and an aggressive kicking style which goes largely unpunished by our cheating collection of Lawwell’s lickspittles.

I think it’s fair to say in our pre-season and 2 competitive games played since lockdown it has looked very similar to last 2 years in that when on our game it’s beautiful to watch and we create and score some fantastic goals, but we do have periods in most games where we lose our way, letting our opponents back into a game they should be well out of, and it is this that needs addressed first and foremost if we are to finally win 55 this year.

• Frankie changed the title to [Pre-match] Rangers v St Mirren

I expected Kamara and Jack to start - why wouldn't they? Kamara has been deeper, Jack further forward - although Jack has not shown much attacking intent as yet. 

Morelos is a surprise. Then again, I'm not sure putting new strikers straight in is the right way to go. 

What's wrong with McGregor? 

4 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I expected Kamara and Jack to start - why wouldn't they? Kamara has been deeper, Jack further forward - although Jack has not shown much attacking intent as yet. 

Morelos is a surprise. Then again, I'm not sure putting new strikers straight in is the right way to go. 

What's wrong with McGregor? 

That's the problem. Jack doesn't get forward enough so it ends up as 2 holding players