[FT] Rangers 3 (Barisic 21; Kent 45+2; Aribo 49) - 0 St Johnstone

Was just about to have a good long moan about a less than impressive first half showing but that second goal showed we are actually awake and capable of passing quickly.

Two superb goals the difference but we really have to play better than we did. OK, one good early shot aside, Saints didn't have much of a threat but we were far too ponderous in possession and too many players lacked any sort of sharpness or physical presence.

But it's 2-0 so hey-ho (for now)... ;)

I’m only listening on the radio but I expected a bit of a ponderous performance when I saw the team was the same. I wish he would mix it up more. What a player we have in Barisic though, he’s really proving his worth. 

1 minute ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Was about to start moaning about our passing not been quick and forward and then bang....3 quick passes and a goal

You are correct though, we have been quite slow tempo, we are a great team when we play high tempo, however winning is more important

• Frankie changed the title to Rangers 2 (Barisic 21; Kent 45+2) - 0 St Johnstone
Just now, BlackSocksRedTops said:

I do wonder how the lack of fans will effect our tempo

I think the lack of fans can be a bonus! daft maybe as the fans are brilliant and give the players great support, however a game like tonight where we are not quite at it they don't get any abuse!

I was happy at the weekend to cancel out that GD advantage they had after their rout of Hamilton. We're now topping the table with a narrow GD advantage. Would like to see it widened to pad out the points.

If we keep winning we will have a comfortable lead over the yahoos when they start playing again. Now of course they only need to win to reduce it. But in saying that it's not guaranteed, it would put pressure on them.

And in fact one of their ex players, think it was Shaun Maloney, mentioned that he thought Rangers 3-0 win on  Sunday put pressure on them when they played Killie soon afterwards and dropped 2 points.

• Frankie changed the title to Rangers 3 (Barisic 21; Kent 45+2; Aribo 49) - 0 St Johnstone