Europa 2nd/3rd Quali Rounds: Progres/Willem II v Lincoln Red Imps/Rangers

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

So, apparently the three teams we can get in the 2nd round are Lincoln Red Imps (British overseas territory, Gibraltar), Servette (Switzerland) and Borac (Bosnia And Herzegovina).

Would like to avoid Servette 

On 28/08/2020 at 15:12, Yorkie Bear said:

Not guaranteed.  From Uefa site:

The balls containing the names of the seeded teams will be placed in one bowl and the balls containing the names of the unseeded will be put into another bowl. One ball will be taken from each bowl and placed in a large empty bowl in the middle, where they will be shuffled. The first team drawn will play the tie at home.

Sounds straightforward enough , i'm thinking even Rod Stewart could manage that.

• Frankie changed the title to Europa League (2nd Quali Round Draw at 11am)

Any of the 3 should be comfortable for us. In non-COVID times I’d have loved to draw Servette, they are just along the road from me. But, given we are still living in the pandemic world, I hope we get a home draw - just to guarantee there are no issues for the players. 

• Frankie changed the title to Europa League (2nd Quali Round Draw at 12noon)

All three would be tricky away. A trip to Bosnia is the worst case really, I wouldn't like to go there. The Swiss are always going to be tricky, they are the strongest side. Lincoln Red Imps are clearly the weakest side but they play on a plastic pitch in a hot climate and as we all know, they have been known to nick a result in those conditions.

A home tie against any would be good.