The thing with the cups is there is no reason why we shouldnt beat anyone infront of us including Celtic even though that game is a lottery at times.

Surely if we are getting Ayr Utd, Falkirk, Motherwell etc in cups then a final place has to happen.

I don't see how winning the league is so out of our grasp. Walter Smith "beat" Strachan in the second half of the season with a team that could do nothing under Paul Le Guen, with no time and little money.

I think he's proven he can do it. Celtic and others will claim they already had the league sown up so weren't trying, but that is wishful thinking. If you take a few of their late results away, we could have gone into the last few games only a point or two behind. The league wasn't tied up till three games to go, so you can't say they weren't trying till that point, unless they really lack character.

In fact, I think their lead was responsible for those late wins. When you're cruising you are relaxed enough to score in the last minute. It's a totally different story when your really under pressure to get the points. Just ask Paul Le Guen.

I think our performances under PLG against the bottom half of the table simply flattered Celtic and that they are one of the worst teams to ever win the SPL despite the good CL run. McLeish had a good CL run also with a relatively poor SPL team, so it is not a measure.

Smith has now strengthened, as have Celtic, with neither team setting the heather alight with their signings. Most of them are nothing special or a bit of a gamble.

I can see a close run race, but think Walter has the psychological edge. We won't drop many points to the wee teams and think we're more than a match for the likes of the Edinburgh clubs, especially now Hibs are depleted of their best players.

Walter has already got the better of Gordon in the head to heads so those games don't hold too much fear.

I think we may wind them up again by winning by point or so.

I don't see how winning the league is so out of our grasp. Walter Smith "beat" Strachan in the second half of the season with a team that could do nothing under Paul Le Guen, with no time and little money.

I think he's proven he can do it. Celtic and others will claim they already had the league sown up so weren't trying, but that is wishful thinking. If you take a few of their late results away, we could have gone into the last few games only a point or two behind. The league wasn't tied up till three games to go, so you can't say they weren't trying till that point, unless they really lack character.

In fact, I think their lead was responsible for those late wins. When you're cruising you are relaxed enough to score in the last minute. It's a totally different story when your really under pressure to get the points. Just ask Paul Le Guen.

I think our performances under PLG against the bottom half of the table simply flattered Celtic and that they are one of the worst teams to ever win the SPL despite the good CL run. McLeish had a good CL run also with a relatively poor SPL team, so it is not a measure.

Smith has now strengthened, as have Celtic, with neither team setting the heather alight with their signings. Most of them are nothing special or a bit of a gamble.

I can see a close run race, but think Walter has the psychological edge. We won't drop many points to the wee teams and think we're more than a match for the likes of the Edinburgh clubs, especially now Hibs are depleted of their best players.

Walter has already got the better of Gordon in the head to heads so those games don't hold too much fear.

I think we may wind them up again by winning by point or so.

pretty much covers my thoughts exactly :D SPL is well within reach and hopefully add the Scottish Cup as well

League - TBH i feel 2nd is were we are just now

Cups - Scottish Cup: Win League Cup: Win

Champs League - Can't see us qualifying so a good run in the UEFA cup would be nice - possibly semi's

By going with the replies it seems we are split about 50/50 on whether we can win the league or not.

TBH its only Celtic we have to get the better of as Hearts are slipping back and wont mount a challenge like they could/should have done in the last 2 years. If we sort out our results against the bottom teams then we will be there or there abouts come the split.

Celtic have shown they can nick the games they struggle in, this is what we have to start doing. There was 1 or 2 games towards the end of last season that should remind the players not to take the foot off the peddle until the 3 points in wrapped up.

Cant fookin wait for the season to start. Only a few more weeks.