[FT] Celtic 0 - 2 Rangers (Goldson 9, 54)

2 minutes ago, craig said:

So long as Lennon is Celtic manager we have a better than average chance of winning this league !

He has to stick by him because he has only just signed him. I’m sure he is decent technically but they will be far more vulnerable away from home with this guy playing than Taylor, who for all the stick he gets is actually a good defender. 

23 minutes ago, craig said:

The Morelos point is a good one, however I look at it a different way.... we are winning games without him performing the way we know he can.  WHEN he gets back into form who will stop us ?

Most will disagree but I think Itten should get a run in the team. We haven’t seen a huge amount of him, but he’s been better than Morelos in his last few appearances and deserves a chance before he is competing with Roofe too. 

Edited by DMAA

Couple of interesting points from Saturday ;

- not one of our summer signings started the game.

- If Celtic hadn't insisted in getting the game moved back to October (assuming they'd have fans in attendance - accommodated by the "random" fixture generator) then they'd have had a fully fit squad to pick from ?

13 hours ago, the gunslinger said:

Eduard and especially Julien have been dropped a lot this season.

Exactly GS.

The Tims want Edouard gone because he has downed tools.  He has been used as a sub because he has been below par and out of sorts form wise.  Now they use his absence as an excuse for getting soundly beaten.

Jullien is a bombscare and even the Tims say this.  Would he have played instead of Welsh ?  Absolutely.  But did Welsh do anything wrong ?  Nope.  Indeed, the lad did OK and far better than St Duffy, who was absolute guff.  But Jullien's absence was used as an excuse for them being soundly beaten.

Christie I give them - he is their most creative force and would definitely have played and also definitely have improved them.  Forrest would have played too.

But Lennon saying that Ajeti wasnt fit to start and some other mug wasnt fit to start - these are just papering over the cracks and I hope the tims believe what Lennon says - because if they do, they may realise too late that Lennon is bullshitting his way into retaining his job.  They havent been playing well and have scored late goals against both Dundee Utd and St Johnstone to get wins - whilst some would say that is the sign of champions it is difficult to continue to do that for a full season.  We, on the other hand, other than Hibs for 25 minutes, are dominating games and conceding very, very little.  Gerrard (actually, probably Beale - who I think is the unsung hero of our tactics) is a far better tactician than Lennon.  And it now seems that our recruitment department is also better than theirs.  Long may all of this continue.

5 minutes ago, Frankie said:

I had a post on this a few weeks ago. The expected goals stats tell the same story, which proves it is no fluke. These are very good signs. And you have to give a bit of credit to Hibs, they have a go on their own ground unlike others.

I don't know what Celtic's stats are like, but I know they broke their record for the lowest ever expected goals when they dropped points to Kilmarnock. 

11 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

I’m hearing they’re paying his entire £50k p.w. Brighton wage plus a loan fee for his services this season. 

Doesnt look great value does it ? 

Mate, the word on the street is that for one season he is costing them £4 million - it was, apparently, a £2 million loan fee plus his £50k a week wages.

Seemingly Brighton can't believe that anyone would have given them a loan fee for Duffy :roflmao:

5 hours ago, ian1964 said:

Tiny is an amazing woman - one of the kindest people I've ever had the pleasure of meeting.  Generations of her family have worked for the club for over 100 years.  So sad to see her a shadow of her former self.  But look at the simple joy on her face when Goldson sticks that second in.  The stories she has about the club are very much worth listening as she has had multiple jobs at the club, her club, she loves the Rangers that is for sure.

3 minutes ago, craig said:

Mate, the word on the street is that for one season he is costing them £4 million - it was, apparently, a £2 million loan fee plus his £50k a week wages.

Seemingly Brighton can't believe that anyone would have given them a loan fee for Duffy :roflmao:

They must have one of the best negotiators in the world.

2 hours ago, the gunslinger said:

i was talking about lhaxal. sean hughes was equally awful if not worse as he wasn't contributing anything other than poor defending. let's hope he is costing them. though nothing will compare to buying a 7 million center half who would be 6th choice at rangers. 3rd at aberdeen and livi and is about 5th at celtc. or a 5 million quid keeper that wouldn't make anyone's top 5 best in the SPFL. 

£5 million on Barkas and we have THREE better keepers, all of whom cost us nothing.

And, to that point, Barkas WILL cost them more points this season.  Forster was outstanding for them last year - with Barkas they will lose more goals and more points.  Pivotal area of the team and one in which they have significantly downgraded.