[FT] Celtic 0 - 2 Rangers (Goldson 9, 54)

Morelos clearly not taking his good chances. 

Hagi and Kent are in a league of their own, regarding Assist and Goals. 

Arfield is a surprise (not really) goal threat. 

Barisic is a key creator. 

Barker is much better than average, but not following through. 

Tavernier is a freak. 

I think we need to get used to the fact there isn't a 'first choice' eleven players any more. Certain positions will retain more consistency than others but most will have routine unenforced changes so we can cover a heavy rota of games without over-taxing players. Expect Iannis Hagi to start on Thursday.

Edited by Bill

1 hour ago, Bill said:

I think we need to get used to the fact there isn't a 'first choice' eleven players any more. Certain positions will retain more consistency than others but most will have routine unenforced changes so we can cover a heavy rota of games without over-taxing players. Expect Iannis Hagi to start on Thursday.

Then what about Tav. and Goldson? I worry that they could become over-used when we do have good alternatives for both. Neither are involved in internationals so that may have something to do with it.

2 hours ago, Rousseau said:

Here we go, @DMAA:

Thanks I hadn’t seen that. That account is brilliant for these stats. Hagi’s stats are quite incredible. And more recently I’ve felt he has been more consistent throughout the game, against Galatasaray he was really good throughout whereas in many league games he actually hasn’t been very impressive but then pops up with an assist. 

Edited by DMAA

1 hour ago, Rousseau said:

Morelos clearly not taking his good chances. 

Hagi and Kent are in a league of their own, regarding Assist and Goals. 

Arfield is a surprise (not really) goal threat. 

Barisic is a key creator. 

Barker is much better than average, but not following through. 

Tavernier is a freak. 

I am actually really surprised how much we are dominating this graph. This really shows the luck Celtic have had in terms of points because their key men are below ours on every metric.

2 minutes ago, DMAA said:

I am actually really surprised how much we are dominating this graph. This really shows the luck Celtic have had in terms of points because their key men are below ours on every metric.

Yes, but we have to remember that it's xG and xA, not actual goals and assists. 

2 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Yes, but we have to remember that it's xG and xA, not actual goals and assists. 

Yes, but what I mean is they have scored about the same as us but according to this, their expected goals must be lower than ours. 

As I understand it, if you are outperforming your expected goals and assists you are probably getting a bit lucky, and it will eventually even itself out. Conversely, our actual goals probably don’t do us justice. Which makes sense given Morelos and others have wasted very good chances. All that to say, it is very good to see that our expected assists and goals are higher than theirs (at least for their main men, it bodes well.