[FT] Rangers 2 (Aribo 9; Defoe 16) - 0 Livingston

1 minute ago, Gonzo79 said:

Hagi is a class act.

I sometimes think some of the other players aren't quite on his wavelength and that results in some things not working out but the more they train and play together, the more that side of things will improve.

Can you imagine Hagi, Kent and Aribo all on form, with Itten, Roofe or Morelos up front?  Defences would be destroyed.

Hagi, Aribo, Arfield and Roofe could have some brilliant passing interchanges. 

8 minutes ago, DMAA said:

I think some take a while to take to a guy who doesn’t have many old fashioned Scottish traits too like pace and strength.

plays some beautiful football. 

He also works hard and tackles back even though you can see it's not his strength. 

Going to be a great player and going to be vital against 11 man defenses. 

2 hours ago, the gunslinger said:

plays some beautiful football. 

He also works hard and tackles back even though you can see it's not his strength. 

Going to be a great player and going to be vital against 11 man defenses. 

Which tells me he has an excellent attitude and follows instructions. One of the weak areas in his game is probably his strength and I think as he gradually bulks up he will get better and better. He only turned 22 the other day. 

Edited by DMAA

Really good reading from Jordan Campbell’s latest article. Ties in with what Barry had said he had heard about Bassey, that he loves to learn. Very encouraging stuff given his raw talent is there for all to see. 

“..but Bassey’s appetite to learn can be seen in how he quickly asked Barisic for guidance after signing. The Athletic understands the pair have regularly been doing extra work together on crossing and other parts of his game the youngster wants to work on as a left-back. Connor Goldson is also said to have taken on a “big brother” role with him, as the leader of Rangers’ defence.”

Edited by DMAA

2 hours ago, DMAA said:

I don’t know what more Hagi can do to be fully appreciated by some fans. 8th assist of the season already, and it’s 7 assists in 6 games for him. Both his passes here were worthy of an assist in their own right. Hopefully more fans are starting to see how important a player he is. 

Reminds me of Ozil. 

Ozil is/was an assist machine, but because of his relaxed approach and tendency to drift out of games, he was criticised.  

3 hours ago, Rousseau said:

Reminds me of Ozil. 

Ozil is/was an assist machine, but because of his relaxed approach and tendency to drift out of games, he was criticised.  

Hagi can be better than Ozil. He lacks the experience yet but as well as the talent, Hagi also has the work rate that Ozil too often lacked.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

Hagi can be better than Ozil. He lacks the experience yet but as well as the talent, Hagi also has the work rate that Ozil too often lacked.

I thought his work rate was exceptional yesterday

39 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

I thought his work rate was exceptional yesterday

As mentioned in the MOTM thread, he got 84 minutes yesterday which I think is the longest he's played for a wee while.  And I think its showing in his sharpness/energy levels.   Lots more potential to be realised, which is exciting.