If you weren't selling your house...

Did we actually have the offer accepted last week though? I thought Killie said we were close in terms of money but way off in actual terms. Which seems to tie in with the rumours that we offered 1.5M which is what they wanted, but were wanting to pay it in two installments and that there were conditions attached.

It is a very strange one, but I think we're far from blameless in all of this.

As for the valuation, I think its fair enough given how much we spent on Thomson for example. In that respect, I think Killie are fair enough.

Yes, both Chairman and manager confirmed that a deal was 'close' - football speak for 'its a done deal'. Then, for some reason they added another �£500,000 and then the deal was 'off'.

As for valuation, �£2M pounds for a player who has yet to be capped for his country, has shown only 'potential' is way over the odds. Look at Ajax last night, they had two of the best players on the park, both cost less than �£1M over the summer.

Cammy F

BC2

If you want to take your house analogy and run with it lets look at it in more detail, but this time in the eyes of the buyer.

Supposing for years in Kilmarnock, and actually Scotland as a whole, the average top price for a home has been about 10-20k, with 90% of houses actually going for free. In fact the most expensive house in Kilmarnock has recently been 40K - what you paid a year ago for the best house of it's type in the country.

If you put in an offer of 40K for a similar house in January to that most expensive one, would that not seem like a reasonable offer?

Now the vendor might think their house is still worth a bit more for it and are ready to deal but suddenly you also buy a house in Edinburgh for 200k and they start thinking you can squeeze even more from you.

So they hold on a bit till the summer and then another house is sold in Edinburgh to someone else for 450k.

Now they think you can hold out for 150k just because of that.

Remember, you have already just picked up a few other houses in Falkirk, Motherwell and in fact Kilmarnock for absolutely nothing.

You then offer them 100k and subsequently 150k but using staggered payments. You are understandably wary of paying 150K up front for a house that was worth virtually nothing a year ago and maximum 45k, six months ago.

The vendors stipulate earlier payments and you eventually agree to their terms.

They then get some potential interest in their house from other buyers and decide their house is worth even more and start demanding 200k.

You are sick of this and quite rightly pull out as any normal buyer would do when gazumped.

Three weeks pass and they get a few enquiries but not one solitary offer.

Sorry, but I fail to see what you have done wrong.

The last time I was gazumped I pulled out and the house didn't sell for about a year - they obviously thought is was worth much more than the current market value of the time. I can't see how refusing to paying the new inflated price is embarrassing in any way.

I think your house analogy has shown Rangers have not acted improperly.

I still think our handling of this has been embarrassing and shambolic from the start, but that seems to have been forgotten recently as Killie have just been out of order with some of the stuff they've been saying.

I am getting sick and tired of this now. Either sign him or not

Why don't YOU pay the �£2M then? Easy isn't it? Or maybe not.

Anyway I'm sure they'll take your advice and definitely sign him or not...

And by the way, Rangers actually said three weeks ago that they weren't going to sign him, so what exactly are you sick and tired of?

I'm sick and tired of people treating �£2M of the club's money like it was �£2.

Has no-one on here actually ever tried to negotiate a deal or do you all eagerly say "whatever you want, I'll pay it"?

Why don't YOU pay the £2M then? Easy isn't it? Or maybe not.

Anyway I'm sure they'll take your advice and definitely sign him or not...

And by the way, Rangers actually said three weeks ago that they weren't going to sign him, so what exactly are you sick and tired of?

I'm sick and tired of people treating £2M of the club's money like it was £2.

Has no-one on here actually ever tried to negotiate a deal or do you all eagerly say "whatever you want, I'll pay it"?

Also....

It takes two to tango - you can't just "sign him or not" without having agreement with the other party so you can't just think that this is all about Rangers not doing the right thing.

Although... Fraser's "sign him or not" analogy actually covers all eventualities so not sure which one I should be arguing....

I still think our handling of this has been embarrassing and shambolic from the start, but that seems to have been forgotten recently as Killie have just been out of order with some of the stuff they've been saying.

The initial bid or two, whilst the right idea, was embarassing. This has not been forgotten, we were slaughtered for weeks about that. Since then the behaviour of some at Killie has been disgraceful and we've pulled out. It is the more recent issue that is being discussed. No need to rake back over what we did, noone's arguing it was poor, but it does not excuse the killie chairman's behaviour.

I'm sick and tired of people treating �£2M of the club's money like it was �£2.

Mate 3 weeks ago they said they were pulling oiut and last week they went back in for him. I firmly belive Rangers are still intrested but they are playing Killie at there own game. I think we should give around about what they want for him and if we dont want to then go away and search for someone else.

�£2m is alot of money and if thats all our budget we have left then dont sign Naismith. Other areas need strengthened like competition for Rb

An ideal person for back up for Hutton is Whittaker.

If you asked me Whittaker or Naismith for at this moment in time i would pick Whittaker as we have no back up at all for Hutton. At least on the right wing we have McCulloch, Burke, Sionko, Novo, Buffel, Gow etc

calscot - if you read my post carefully you will realise that I was NOT criticising Rangers, but rather the usual pro-establishment media respone. If Rangers think Naismith is worth 2p, then they are perfectly entitled to bid 2p, or even 1p for that matter. Kilmarnock, on the other hand, are equally entitled to reject the bid because they think he is worth 3p, or even �£2M for that matter. My only criticism of your club in this affair is that their opening bad was barely a quarter of what they have since recognised as the true value of the player. Transfers are always subject to a degree of bartering but many would see Rangers opening bid as taking the piss and merely trying to unsettle the player. Some might argue that this has been a recent pattern regarding Rangers transfer targets.

My main issue, however, is that Darryl King, BFDJ et al are making Kilmarnock out to be bad guys for not selling a player they think is worth more than Rangers have offered. Apparently Naismith is emotionally traumatised. Surely if that is the case Rangers should simply match Kilmarnock's evaluation. It is as strong an arguement as the one that says Killie should sell him for less than they think he is worth.