[FT] St Mirren 3 - 2 Rangers (Goldson 7; Davis 88)

2 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

The start of the second half, we became loose in possession, lost game management, lost the game.

Congrats to St Mirren.

What? That pile of scum they have for a manager demanded a throw-in when Roofe was kicked twice 1 meter in from him. They got away with dozens of heinous tackles that would put some Division 2 teams to shame, someone sent Balogun to hospital jumping into him and it was not even a foul, mind you.

Sorry, we might have not played well, but that was some shyte served by St. Mirren, bar their 3 goals from 4 shots at goal (incl. a penalty).

Sidenote, Kent had a stinker of a game and should have been hooked instead of Itten. Aribo looks at 75 % at best and remained on for too long as well. With Kamara and Davis we got our MF in order, too little, too late.

Upwards and onwards, yet SG will have to answer that once more a chance of silverware goes out of the window.

I know Aribo has been injured but he was miles off the pace tonight. As was every player tbh. I thought the telling thing was Balogun had a lot of time on the ball and was forced to start our forward play (until Davis and Kamara came on). Zungu is tidy but wants to play Hollywood passes too many times for my liking

1 minute ago, ian1964 said:

I don't get all this fucking attacking Rangers as soon as we lose a match! we have no right to win every match, it happens

Our winning streak was going to end at some point. It was a bad night, typical cup game, they were up for it and grew in confidence as the game went on. No excuses really. But...as long as this doesn’t derail our main goal, and in some way it may be a blessing in disguise, as hard as that is to fathom. 

23 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

No. Not at all.

Saturday is now huge - drop anything and the pressure on team / players will be massive. 

I can take getting beat, it's part and parcel of football,  but that performance was woeful. 

It's the manner of the result that hurts and needs analysing, it was so reminiscent of post winter break last season. 

Win on Saturday is imperative. 

Edited by CammyF

Just now, weebluedevil said:

Our winning streak was going to end at some point. It was a bad night, typical cup game, they were up for it and grew in confidence as the game went on. No excuses really. But...as long as this doesn’t derail our main goal, and in some way it may be a blessing in disguise, as hard as that is to fathom. 

How we respond at the weekend will be telling. 

3 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

I don't get all this fucking attacking Rangers as soon as we lose a match! we have no right to win every match, it happens

It's St Mirren, ffs. And it's a cup. 

If we play poorly and win, I am told that it is the result that matters.

If we play poorly and lose, I am told to shut up.