So What�s Offensive?

Leading on from the latest ââ?¬Ë?Follow With Prideââ?¬â?¢ can anyone tell me what is offensive and what, if anything will lead to clubs losing points? Iââ?¬â?¢d be interested in someone telling me why some, all or none of the below would lead to losing points

The Sash?

The Soldiers Song?

GSTQ?

FOS?

Oh Ah Up The Ra

You Are A Weedgie

In Your Glasgow Slums

We Hate Jimmy Hill

The Billy Boys

The Killie Boys

The Gorgie Boys

Sheepshaggin Bastards

Who�s that lying on the stairway

Richard Gough Child molester

Cheer Up (insert name) - sad (insert inslut here) bastard and a shit football team

Cammy F

Nobody is sure what we have to sing these days but we do have to be careful, the SFA have to come out and say what is alooud or not.

But some people might find one song offensive and complain wehen other people dont.

This is gonna open a whole can of worms

the problem is that nothing is ontologically offensive - so, ultimately, what is deemed offensive is whatever the person(s) with the most power decide.

In other words, we're fooked

Cammy F

On the radio Gordon Smith was always defending us and saying that until the bodies produce a list of what can and can't be sung, they can't just turn round and fine us for anything and everything. I'm really hoping that with him in charge he makes sorting this out to be a priority.

why are we even bringing religion into football anyways, it has no place in football along with ns/rhs yet we wonder why we're getting picked on by uefa, media and other forms. if you continue to sing/chant hate sectarian/bigoted songs then say RIP to glasgow rangers.

ps

and before you fire into to me about what cletic and celtic fans get up to i really couldn't give two shits what they get up to all i care about is my club and long may it continue to be alive.

why are we even bringing religion into football anyways, it has no place in football along with ns/rhs yet we wonder why we're getting picked on by uefa, media and other forms. if you continue to sing/chant hate sectarian/bigoted songs then say RIP to glasgow rangers.

ps

and before you fire into to me about what cletic and celtic fans get up to i really couldn't give two shits what they get up to all i care about is my club and long may it continue to be alive.

But what is 'sectarian' - that is the question that hasn't been answered. If it is wrong (and it is) to be up to your knees in f***** blood, then surely its as equally wrong to be up to your knees in say, Hibee blood? Is the national anthem of this country 'sectarian' as some claim? Is flying the flag of this country (and its associated nations) sectarian as claimed by others?

I know and understand that certain of our songs will have to stop - I've never denied that - but until someone actually tells us what is 'offensive' we are pishing against the wind.

As I said above, this season could see us deducted points for singing GSTQ whilst Aberdeen fans will be free to sing about the Ibrox disaster. I am sure we can all agree that this is unfair and wrong?

Cammy F

Cammy,

I highly dount that we would be deducted points whilst the sheep (is that sectarian/offensive - yep, I am sure it is...) get away with their taunts Re the Ibrox disaster, Durrant, Davie Cooper etc.

It could happen, sure, but very unlikely IMO - the SPL already have to be aware what a can of worms they have opened and they must know that consistent application is VITAL for this to work.

Also, yes we can agree that it is unfair and wrong - but what evidence do you have to suggest it will happen ? Until it happens we can't really make judgement.

Cammy,

I highly dount that we would be deducted points whilst the sheep (is that sectarian/offensive - yep, I am sure it is...) get away with their taunts Re the Ibrox disaster, Durrant, Davie Cooper etc.

It could happen, sure, but very unlikely IMO - the SPL already have to be aware what a can of worms they have opened and they must know that consistent application is VITAL for this to work.

Also, yes we can agree that it is unfair and wrong - but what evidence do you have to suggest it will happen ? Until it happens we can't really make judgement.

Well UEFA have shown that an organisation can 'go after one club' whilst ignoring othger clubs. Is TBB any worse than the racist chanting at Lazio and Roma as an example?

Cammy F