Best Rangers Keeper  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Best Rangers keeper

• Goram
    • Klos
    • McGregor
    • Woods

1 hour ago, the gunslinger said:

mcgregor would have been the best in the world then too. the game has moved on. 

He really wouldn't have been.

The main way it's moved on is that keepers have to use their feet a lot more and Goram was far better with the ball than McGregor.

How many current EPL keepers are better than Peter Schmeichel?

Goram is our greatest keeper, he is remembered more than the others for the number of important saves he made in BIG matches.

I do recall him making a monumental blunder against Hearts when he allowed a ball he thought was going wide into the net.

Klos, like Goram, was a great shot stopper although poor with the ball at his feet.

McGregor is an exceptional keeper but he did learn his trade from the best didn't he.

I was a lover of Woods and was an exceptionally good keeper but just not as good as the 3 others.

Just now, onevision said:

Klos, like Goram, was a great shot stopper although poor with the ball at his feet.

Aye, but as I always say, if der Goalie could've passed a ball, we'd never have seen him at Ibrox. He was phenomenal in one on one situations, I don't think I've ever been as confident in that situation with any other keeper.

They all had and have fantastic attributes, and we're lucky to have had all 4 of them.

No votin’ ‘cos Billy Ritchie’s no on the Ballot.

He and Niven were the ‘keepers I saw most. Unflappable, reliable, rarely spectacular, never flamboyant. Ritchie especially had tremendous positional sense and ability to anticipate the shot.

OK. That’s enough sulking. Goram. I refer to m’friend Bluedell’s observations above. Says a lot about McGregor that I had to think about it.

20 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

No votin’ ‘cos Billy Ritchie’s no on the Ballot.

He and Niven were the ‘keepers I saw most. Unflappable, reliable, rarely spectacular, never flamboyant. Ritchie especially had tremendous positional sense and ability to anticipate the shot.

OK. That’s enough sulking. Goram. I refer to m’friend Bluedell’s observations above. Says a lot about McGregor that I had to think about it.

Billy was Mr reliable and a very nice man to talk to 

Someone (der Beliner) will need to do that maths but Im sure McGregor has won more trophies than Goram. Albeit cups but Im sure thats right.

Interesting comments on Woods - i was slightly too young to remember him but he was no.2 to Englands best ever keeper.

Who was the Danish international we had who barely got a game? Jesper C?

Blessed with keepers. Its a position that is possibly taken for granted. I have always liked keepers - my best mate in the 90s big brother was at Scotland U21 and Hibs - I stole his Patrick boots ? He was top drawer.