[FT] Rangers 1 (Tavernier 116) - 1 St Johnstone (StJ win on pens)

14 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

Two games in a row we haven't played keep ball in the last minutes and paid a penalty tonight massively.

As for their goal it looked like "keepers never score so he doesn't need marking".

55 has now for me been spoiled as we have obviously taken the foot off the gas,and now I fully expect unbeaten season is not going to happen.

Spoiled? Spoiled? Holy Mary Mother Of Jesus. I'll be partying all through the summer 

Glasgow Rangers Champions.....

Hugely disappointing to go out the SC tonight but I cannot miss making comments about referee Alan Muir’s abysmal performance.

He should have red carded Wotherspoon for his tackle on Hagi before HT and could easily have shown second yellows to McCann and Kane.

And at the two penalty saves by the St Johnstone keeper he was well off his line.

Rant over

8 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

Hugely disappointing to go out the SC tonight but I cannot miss making comments about referee Alan Muir’s abysmal performance.

He should have red carded Wotherspoon for his tackle on Hagi before HT and could easily have shown second yellows to McCann and Kane.

And at the two penalty saves by the St Johnstone keeper he was well off his line.

Rant over

VAR, mate... :cool3:

It's the last minute goal that still gets me. Penalties are a lottery, but that last minute goal was very poor. To just let him stand there, unmarked... I mean, you can't miss him: he's wearing a fluorescent green top!

I would have taken the League only at the start of the season; that was the main objective. Job done. 

8 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

VAR, mate... :cool3:

Dont forget VAR is just another referee sat in front of a monitor,  given how dire and incompetent our referees are it wouldn't work only make you pull your hair out even quicker. 

3 minutes ago, compo said:

Dont forget VAR is just another referee sat in front of a monitor,  given how dire and incompetent our referees are it wouldn't work only make you pull your hair out even quicker. 

I know what you mean. 

And, when it comes to judgement calls, I fully expect them to be just as incompetent. 

But, when it comes to something like offside calls, I can't see how they can be any worse. Or even something like that tackle on Hagi last night: surely, if they look at that several times they can't not send him off?!

They might surprise me, though... :facepalm:  

Really gutted to go out. It is a mystery how Gerrard continues to work miracles in Europe but still can’t crack the domestic cups against weak opposition. 

When we went to penalties I knew we were going out. The psychology is always in favour of the weaker side but would also be in favour of a team who have scored a late equaliser. 

Why on earth was Helander taken off? He's our best out and out defender, and I don't think we concede a free header in our six yard box if he is on the pitch. Very frustrating.

3 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Why on earth was Helander taken off? He's our best out and out defender, and I don't think we concede a free header in our six yard box if he is on the pitch. Very frustrating.

Injured.