FA Cup Final Chelsea v Leicester City

5 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

Cruel for Chelsea.

If the authorities are going to be millimetre strict then they should have what we have at the racecourse the photo finish camera that can give you the result just as quickly as some officials if not quicker in football 

Poor first half, better second half. Cracking goal from Leicester and Schmeichel had two McGregor esk saves. When Mount hit his shot it was in but what a save.

The VAR decision is laughable, thats the closest one ive ever seen.

Well done Leicester - I hope they go on and finish top 4. Its good to see the top 6 being split up.

1 hour ago, Rousseau said:

As much as I wanted them to get the equaliser, it was offside. 

Agree however do you think there was handball leading up to Leicester's goal similar to the handball decision given by var at the silva incident?

I think if one was handball then both were.

4 minutes ago, onevision said:

Agree however do you think there was handball leading up to Leicester's goal similar to the handball decision given by var at the silva incident?

I think if one was handball then both were.

Yes, I did, but apparently the rules state that if it [handball] doesn't play an immediate role in the goal, then it doesn't matter. There's the handball, then it goes back, then it's the move for the goal. 

VAR really highlights how some of these rules are stupid. 

12 hours ago, Rousseau said:

As much as I wanted them to get the equaliser, it was offside. 

First replay showed that immediately. It’s the delay that’s cruel. See the linesman with his flag up and celebration is cut short. You’re still dancing and capering about before VAR is sgnalled.

10 hours ago, Scott7 said:

First replay showed that immediately. It’s the delay that’s cruel. See the linesman with his flag up and celebration is cut short. You’re still dancing and capering about before VAR is sgnalled.

It's very close, though. 

Whatever the decision was, the opposing side would want it checked. 

Any English cup finals I have attended both managers were always immaculately attired on Saturday Rodgers looked like he was in for a shift on a building site and the Jerry looked like a council scheme ned in his shiny blue tracksuit 

On 17/05/2021 at 07:44, compo said:

Any English cup finals I have attended both managers were always immaculately attired on Saturday Rodgers looked like he was in for a shift on a building site and the Jerry looked like a council scheme ned in his shiny blue tracksuit 

Yes i miss the days of the Liverpool white suit and embarrasing FA Cup songs - apart from 1970s Blue is the Colour of course ;)