Rangers £6.75m share offering open (25p per share)

1 hour ago, Bill said:

The only "gaffe" will be if the issue is over-subscribed and the board could have got 30p per share.

Share values are set by how much people will pay for them today, not by how much someone paid in the past. Otherwise no one would ever have lost money on the stockmarket. 

Where did this ridiculous notion come from that directors who effectively saved the club by risking their own money shouldn't have enjoyed the same 20p price as everyone else? The same directors who like everyone else will have to pay 25p for new shares today. 

I think what we're seeing is an attempt to find grievance on the basis that someone might have been smarter of more successful than someone else. It seems to the the hallmark of Scotland today.

who on earth said they shouldn't have paid 20p. 

what we are saying is they are taking the piss out the fans at 25p. 

The fans as ever have put in far more money to rangers than the directors and for little or nothing in return. 

a bold strategy that more sensible heads may consider unwise. 

1 hour ago, the gunslinger said:

lol now they are doing us a favor. Just when you think it can't get any more ridiculous. 

they are doing this to protect their own investments. 

Jeez last on this. Too exhausting. You can caveat it in with “in the imaginary world where the directors act like directors and if they don’t the fans use their power as shareholders to demand they continue to act in a way that increases the value of the share, because broadly speaking increasing share price is a good thing” if it makes you happy. 

9 minutes ago, bmck said:

Jeez last on this. Too exhausting. You can caveat it in with “in the imaginary world where the directors act like directors and if they don’t the fans use their power as shareholders to demand they continue to act in a way that increases the value of the share, because broadly speaking increasing share price is a good thing” if it makes you happy. 

sure on one of the share indexes......

would we be happy if they had increased it to 200 quid a share based on nothing more than keeping as much control as possible.......

Tuppence worth

I get all the reasoning in respect of the directors and others investing large sums and the associated risks, that's fine and a good argument in the 20 v 25 debate.

What I cannot come to terms with is the recent and ongoing sale of tranches to C1872 at 20p v the 25% increase to the rest of us.

I also think the issue price aught to have been published at the point of asking for registration.

1 hour ago, gaspard said:

Tuppence worth

I get all the reasoning in respect of the directors and others investing large sums and the associated risks, that's fine and a good argument in the 20 v 25 debate.

What I cannot come to terms with is the recent and ongoing sale of tranches to C1872 at 20p v the 25% increase to the rest of us.

I also think the issue price aught to have been published at the point of asking for registration.

Is it really so important? Unless you believe the share price should never change, there has to be a point somewhere that sees that change actually take place. That point is for the board to decide, no one else. I hardly think this is justification for some fans smearing the integrity of directors that have so clearly transformed the club over the last few years. Buy or don't buy but I think we should leave divisive victimhood to those who wear it better than us.