Pre-Season Megathread | Rangers 2 (Sakala 54; Itten 77) - 1 Real Madrid [FT]

31 minutes ago, Bill said:

I’m intrigued. Why would anyone want to focus on the strength of the opposition squad instead of the performance of Rangers?

Because playing well against a crap team is less impressive than playing well against a good team.  

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

Because playing well against a crap team is less impressive than playing well against a good team.  

We play against crap teams week after week. Are you going t be analysing Livingston and Aberdeen every time we play them? We play whoever lines up against us and judge our performance. It’s how it is. 

18 minutes ago, Bill said:

We play against crap teams week after week.

We do but we'll hopefully also be coming up against some top opposition in Europe.

I wasn't one of the posters complaining about the side Real Madrid fielded.

20 hours ago, ian1964 said:

Rangers will never be able to beat Real Madrid! I was concentrating on our performance mate, I was very happy with our performance, as I said previously the result is immaterial, we seem to be ready for kick off and the pleasing thing is we played very well so I'm beginning to feel confident for the up coming season ?

I completely agree, I was delighted with how we played in and out of possession and from seemingly being miles away from being ready in our last game, we look to be ready now in all departments. I just won’t be getting too carried away and claiming the scalp of the Galacticos given how weakened they were. My prediction is that we “finally” draw them this year in the group stage, and if we repeat the result then I will be celebrating for weeks!