Champions League squad named

On ‎30‎/‎07‎/‎2021 at 16:35, the gunslinger said:

I would say Patterson is interesting for sure

don't think that is an issue.  Was the same last year, right ?  Given his age he doesn't need to be listed in the CL squad but can still be used.  I think that is what happened last year too.

On 02/08/2021 at 10:10, Bluedell said:

Don't think I'd have him in the top 5 at Rangers.

Roofe played a massive part in our title win last season. The highest goals per minute in the team by a mile and we’ve barely even seen him fully fit. Sadly I don’t expect he’ll ever get a very long spell without injury at Rangers though. 

8 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Roofe played a massive part in our title win last season. The highest goals per minute in the team by a mile and we’ve barely even seen him fully fit. Sadly I don’t expect he’ll ever get a very long spell without injury at Rangers though. 

I'm not saying he isn't a very good player, but he just isn't who I'd say was the "best" player at the club. There's a few I'd have in front of him, but that's no disrespect to him. He may change my mind this season.

3 hours ago, Bluedell said:

I'm not saying he isn't a very good player, but he just isn't who I'd say was the "best" player at the club. There's a few I'd have in front of him, but that's no disrespect to him. He may change my mind this season.

Yeh I prefer to avoid “best player” conversations because I think we had a different best player most months (if not weeks) last season.

With Roofe out, the "front 3" are Kent-Sakala- Wright, I doubt we will have Kent-Itten-Sakala/Wright, but what do I know. IMHO, injury permitting, the team picks itself ...

McGregor

Tavernier - Goldson - Simpson - Barisic

Davis - Lundstram

Wright/Sakala - Hagi/Aribo - Kent

Sakala/Itten

15 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

With Roofe out, the "front 3" are Kent-Sakala- Wright, I doubt we will have Kent-Itten-Sakala/Wright, but what do I know. IMHO, injury permitting, the team picks itself ...

McGregor

Tavernier - Goldson - Simpson - Barisic

Davis - Lundstram

Wright/Sakala - Hagi/Aribo - Kent

Sakala/Itten

You sure? :D

14 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

You sure? :D

Let`s put it this way ... SG so far has preferred Sakala instead of Itten. So I reckon Sakala will play as a the central striker. Likewise, should SG stick with Itten, he will play as the main striker and Sakala will be alongside him and Kent. If Hagi is fit, he will play, even ahead of Aribo ... and rightly so. He is a creative midfielder and should not be shifted onto the right wing. But for all we know, SG might throw on Arfield from the start ...

You know what? I'm at the stage now where I am really not bothered who plays, such is the faith I have in our management. We have a choice of two for most positions, the only exception being, I think Kent, as I can't see who replicates his role. Maybe Wright, I dunno. I do think that Helander is ahead of Simpson though, principally because of experience.