Letter From Our Captain

10 minutes ago, Bill said:

So we’ve gone from let’s not boo to anyone who boo’s is a racist. This sanctimonious shit is out of hand. What happened to live and let live? When did the thought police take over.?

What reason would any normal person have to boo our own players for making an anti-racism gesture? As far as I can tell, only someone who supports racism. 

17 minutes ago, Bill said:

So we’ve gone from let’s not boo to anyone who boo’s is a racist. This sanctimonious shit is out of hand. What happened to live and let live? When did the thought police take over.?

Why would you boo your own players for an anti-racist gesture? Tav has been quite clear in his letter, it aint political, it aint in support of any group, its in support of OUR players who were racially abused. How difficult is that to understand? 

Its really simple, boo tomorrow and you are disrespecting our BAME players who've been racially abused.

Ps - How hard is it to sit in silence for 10 seconds? 

10 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

I just don't get it.  I have never booed a Rangers player or the team.  I suspect those who boo taking the knee would boo if we weren't 3-0 up by half time.

And be hypocritical and cheer / celebrate when the players score / win a game / win a cup / win the league.

If they can't support them in an anti-racist gesture, I would suggest they shouldn't support them full-stop.

The issue for me isn’t booing (because that’s just not going to happen), the issue is a certain kind of fan who exudes sanctimony and takes it upon himself to go out hunting with a sharpened race card. Surely that’s a far bigger threat to unity than anyone who might feel inclined to boo. 

13 minutes ago, Bill said:

The issue for me isn’t booing (because that’s just not going to happen), the issue is a certain kind of fan who exudes sanctimony and takes it upon himself to go out hunting with a sharpened race card. Surely that’s a far bigger threat to unity than anyone who might feel inclined to boo. 

It already has happened at the Brighton and Real Madrid friendlies  - a very vocal minority. 

Who in their right mind gets back to Ibrox after 499 days and the 1st thing they do is boo our Championship Winning Team for an anti-racist gesture? Can fans not see how utterly mental that is?

Did you read Tavs letter? Ever one of our BAME players was racially abused last season and their own fan boo them for sending out an.anti-racist message.

10 minutes ago, Bill said:

I think your reply is nonsensical.  How is criticising people who boo on a forum a threat to unity?   Surely booing the team on the park is divisive?

I always take political, moral and ethical guidance from sportsmen.  

Anyone who doesn't is clearly a racist scumbag.  

The knee is here to stay.

Racist scum will have to deal with this gesture for all time.  I hope they choke on it.  

18 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I always take political, moral and ethical guidance from sportsmen.  

Anyone who doesn't is clearly a racist scumbag.  

The knee is here to stay.

Racist scum will have to deal with this gesture for all time.  I hope they choke on it.  

Nobody is asking you to - if you don't agree, fine, but why boo? Sit silent of 5-10 seconds - simples.

Or better still engage with said sportsmen and tell them tour thoughts.

Edited by CammyF