[FT] Rangers 4 (Aribo 19; Kent 29; Bacuna 49; Iacovitti OG 60) - 2 Ross County

13 hours ago, CammyF said:

Great predicament to have but Patterson has huge boots to fill if / when he takes over from Tav. 

The problem lies is possibly losing Patterson while Tav reaches the end of his spell at Rangers and ending up with neither.

50 minutes ago, Bill said:

The problem lies is possibly losing Patterson while Tav reaches the end of his spell at Rangers and ending up with neither.

True, but with a £23M hole to fill, I think Patterson would be sold before Tav and with Everton and Liverpool sniffing around, he may move as soon as January depending on any bids we receive.

7 hours ago, CammyF said:

True, but with a £23M hole to fill, I think Patterson would be sold before Tav and with Everton and Liverpool sniffing around, he may move as soon as January depending on any bids we receive.

We don't have a £23m hole to fill.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

We don't have a £23m hole to fill.

The loss was £23M so the board will be looking at ways to get this back. Easiest way of "softening" the loss is to sell an asset or two (or three).

Everton and Liverpool (and maybe a few others) are very interested in Patterson and as soon as an offer that meets our valuation for him (Or any other player), they'll be gone sooner than you can say Martin Bain.

The need to start selling players and the need to reduce wages  is excellently highlighted here ;

https://www.patreon.com/posts/rangers-2021-by-58383882?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=postshare

Edited by CammyF

1 hour ago, gisabeer said:

I would sell Kamara and one other.  I think the other will be patterson.   Surprised at the lack of game time hes had this season given how well hes been doing to be honest.   

Patterson and Kamara are the two obvious sales as we had very little and no outlay on them.