[FT] Rangers 4 (Aribo 19; Kent 29; Bacuna 49; Iacovitti OG 60) - 2 Ross County

27 minutes ago, CammyF said:

So remove our most offensive threat to accommodate a novice? Wow.... 

I know mate I know but Patterson for me is a better prospect. Tav still makes basic errors. Plus I'm sorry he's not our most offensive threat  - he was last season, he's not now

1 hour ago, CammyF said:

Yeah, 101 assists and 51 league goals, 68 in total - outstanding contribution from a right back.

You're right but at some stage we will have to think about the longer term future of the squad and at the moment we have a potentially excellent replacement at RB. It would be a tough call either way.

1 hour ago, Whosthedado said:

I know mate I know but Patterson for me is a better prospect. Tav still makes basic errors. Plus I'm sorry he's not our most offensive threat  - he was last season, he's not now

He still is, most assists in SPFL and I think 6 goals. Patterson is a great prospect but that's all he is at the moment, a prospect.

Tav has shown and continues to show that offensively, he is by far our greatest threat.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

You're right but at some stage we will have to think about the longer term future of the squad and at the moment we have a potentially excellent replacement at RB. It would be a tough call either way.

Great predicament to have but Patterson has huge boots to fill if / when he takes over from Tav. 

10 minutes ago, CammyF said:

It is, but doesn't take away from the fact he is a novice. Don't see what your getting at here.

Suppose it is the fact that Tav makes MANY defensive mistakes yet one assist makes him a hero that's what.

Tav is a very good player but lot's of folk gloss over some of his deficiencies.

1 hour ago, MacK1950 said:

Suppose it is the fact that Tav makes MANY defensive mistakes yet one assist makes him a hero that's what.

Tav is a very good player but lot's of folk gloss over some of his deficiencies.

But it's not just 1 assist it's 101 assists and 68 goals. I think those stats outweigh his "many" mistakes. 

We could get a right back who is better defensively than Tav, but we lose 101 assists and 68 goals (169 goals), thats a huge loss in anyone's language.