The Winter 2021/22 Rangers Transfer Thread - Aaron Ramsey loan deal confirmed

1 minute ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Does bringing in these lads come with any stipulations like them having to be guaranteed to play a set amount?

That's my main concern.  I'm sure one of the Liverpool loanees we had was starting on that basis alone.

7 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Agree - but would caveat. Does bringing in these lads come with any stipulations like them having to be guaranteed to play a set amount? Would Man City/Man U send players here to sit on the bench? 

They probably do. If the lad can't get a game on our right wing though he is in trouble. 

19 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

McAtee is another top quality prospect. 

However, I don't really want us to be signing loan players that we have no hope of signing permanently. 

On the other hand, we're potentially strengthening the squad short-term with little outlay. Will it be enough, is the question?

As far as I know, McAtee`s contract is up in 2023 and he has yet to sign another. HAs he any chance of breaking into their first team? Who knows. I reckon ManCity will want to cash in on him if he doesn`t. IMHO, taking a look at him with that loan - like we did with Kent, BTW - won`t harm either side, club nor player.

Diallo is obviously just a straight loan with no chance of signing him.

1 minute ago, der Berliner said:

I reckon ManCity will want to cash in on him if he doesn`t. IMHO

They've already turned down a £10m offer from Brighton.

These players are out of our price range, by some distance.

38 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

McAtee is another top quality prospect. 

However, I don't really want us to be signing loan players that we have no hope of signing permanently. 

On the other hand, we're potentially strengthening the squad short-term with little outlay. Will it be enough, is the question?

I just watched the press conference and Gio was asked directly about McAtee and I think there’s something in it! He seemed caught off guard to be asked directly and seemed to me to be trying to figure out a way to neither confirm nor deny. I think he’d be a very good addition. 

14 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

As long as he`s under contract, yes.

If he's out of contract, any EPL club will be able to increase his wage offer.  Either way, we can't afford young prospects at top English sides.