The Winter 2021/22 Rangers Transfer Thread - Aaron Ramsey loan deal confirmed

31 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Does anyone think we'll lose anyone... ?

Simpson on loan very likely I’d have thought. Lundstram on loan a possibility. Might depend on McAtee. I don’t think we’ll lose anyone we don’t want to. 

41 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

@leonettiFrank on twitter reporting we are in talks with Juve over Aron Ramsey. I suggest he has perhaps had too much grappa.

Ramsey's on a reported £400,000 per week! 

I think Frank is on something stronger than Grappa...

Looks like today/the season comes down to 3 questions: 1) Do we bring in Souttar or hope that Helander and/or Balogun return asap? 2) Can Jack provide a midfield presence? 3) Will Morelos, Roofe and Sakala provide the firepower? If the answer is no, we may need reinforcements.

Our squad as it stands is good enough on paper but the fitness problems of Helander, Balogun, Jack and Roofe means it will be a risk not to strengthen. Amad looks a good addition - ideally I'd like one more to help us further. Also helpful to move on a few fringe players.

28 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Ramsey's on a reported £400,000 per week! 

I think Frank is on something stronger than Grappa...

Tuttosport have put it on their website too. They have 585k Twitter followers. No idea if they would post stuff like that from people on Twitter. It just makes no sense. The only way he joins us is if all the EPL clubs linked to him have looked at his injury record and game time and said no thanks and Juve are just desperate for him to play football and happy to cover his wages. 

https://www.tuttosport.com/news/calcio/serie-a/juventus/2022/01/31-89381753/juventus_ore_decisive_per_ramsey_ai_rangers

Edited by DMAA

Just now, the gunslinger said:

Juve are going to pay the bulk or indeed all of his wages. They can only register 3 non EU players. 

It's move or not play. 

It will depend on the player and english options. But this looks to be on the cards. 

No tuttosport reporting.. https://www.tuttosport.com/news/calcio/serie-a/juventus/2022/01/31-89381753/juventus_ore_decisive_per_ramsey_ai_rangers

Resounding, Ramsey close to farewell to Juve: Rangers appear

The Welshman could go on loan to the Glasgow club, he needs the player's last ok

TURIN - Aaron Ramsey is one step away from the Glasgow Rangers . A few hours after the market closes, the Welsh midfielder, an expensive Juventus redundant, could find his destination in Scotland in the Glasgow club. The negotiation is in progress and the player's last ok is missing. The formula is that of a loan until the end of the season with Juventus which will help pay part of the salary . The hope of the Juventus club is that Ramsey will finally find some continuity and relaunch himself on a technical level, so as to be able to place him at a definitive level at the end of the season, freeing himself from the last year of engagement.

4 minutes ago, Frankie said:

1) Do we bring in Souttar or hope that Helander and/or Balogun return asap? 2) Can Jack provide a midfield presence? 3) Will Morelos, Roofe and Sakala provide the firepower? If the answer is no, we may need reinforcements.

These three points really show how much risk is built into our team. Pre-season I said the big risks to our season are injuries to Helander, Jack and Roofe, because all three are very important players but with serious injury problems. And like clockwork they all picked up pretty serious injuries. It's a really unfortunate situation to be in, but hopefully they all play their part from now on.

2 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

giphy.gif

The McAtee deal has gone quite, there's talk of Man City pulling the plug on it. If they have, and we're back out in the market for a centre midfielder, and all of Ramsay's proposed loan deals have come to nothing, who knows. He's barely played in a very long time though, to be honest fitness would be a big concern.