[FT] Lyon 1 - 1 Rangers (Wright 41)

We have players in 3 categories for this game. 

Established first team - largely these should not play. Davis, Tav, Kamara, Aribo etc

First team needing games - should play. Jack, Bassey, Hagi, Roofe, Sakala  maybe even Kent and  Morelos

Fringe - should play. Wright, Patterson, Lundstrum

We can get a good team from that. 

Mcgregor

Patterson

Goldson

Bassey

Barasic

Lundstrum

Jack

Hagi

Sakala

Roofe

Wright. 

31 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

I'll be amazed if McGregor travels to France, i'd be happy enough with McLaughlin & McCrorie for this game. I'd prefer to give McCrorie the game actually. The lack of defensive cover means Goldson Bassey & Borna all need to play when i'd prefer to rest Borna and leave Goldson behind to get his agent to line up a new club for 4 weeks time.

The next 3-4 weeks decide the title, so take no chances with a dead rubber game, and ensure we are rested, fired up and ready to take on the Jambos at a traditionally very hard fixture, followed by 3 home games by Boxing day then the double scum away trips before the break. We certainly cannot afford any injuries to our key players so why risk them with nothing to gain?

McCrorie

Patterson Goldson Bassey Barasic

Bacuna Jack Lundstrum

Wright Roofe Sakala

I dont for a minute think GVB will make as many changes as the above side would be, and while I'll be watching the game tomorrow but even if we lose by a big margin I wont care a jot as long as we pick up no injuries. Our job was done in this group in our 2 home games and the point gained in Denmark, and even at our absolute best we may come up short in Lyon as they are a good side, so I just dont see the need to take unnecessary risks.

Agree with all of this. 

Gio may not want to break the rhythm of a winning team. 

I think we are allowed to use 5 subs still in Europe so let's use that as well make 3 changes at half time. 

Would really like to see McCrorie play.