[FT] Dundee Utd 1 - 1 Rangers (Aribo 76')

3 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I suppose that's where the difficulties are - the arm was in a natural position.  Did he mean it?

your arms have to be at your side for it not to be a pen. Anything making your silhouette bigger isn't allowed. 

I could forgive it if mulgrew goes or the other one is a pen and a red perhaps. 

All round a very poor refereeing performance.  

All 3 should have been pens with 1 red card given.

Jota heads the ball on to his arm which then flicks it away from landing on the Dundee players head, clear pen.

Remember Alfies handball recently was not intentional, not only was a pen given but he also got a yellow card.

Edited by onevision

54 minutes ago, onevision said:

All 3 should have been pens with 1 red card given.

Jota heads the ball on to his arm which then flicks it away from landing on the Dundee players head, clear pen.

Remember Alfies handball recently was not intentional, not only was a pen given but he also got a yellow card.

Alfie getting a card for that was wild. really crazy stuff. 

I've always been in favour of VAR.

I think, no matter how incompetent, in certain situations like an offside, they cannot hide because the lines are there. What's more, we can see them. If it is conspiratorial, then we'll know. 

I keep going back to their goal in the League Cup Final a few years ago; the most glaring offside goal you'll ever see, which would have been overturned with VAR. 

Of course, there are and will always be interpretation of rules in certain situations, as there should be. It's here that their incompetence will just carry over; you're not changing that without drafting in a better standard of Referee.