[FT] Dundee Utd 1 - 1 Rangers (Aribo 76')

50 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

They've changed the handball rules a couple of times recently.  I don't think the rules are clear - it's open to interpretation.

maybe not to you but you aren't a ref. The rules are clear here it was a pen.

A handball should not be awarded if a player is ruled to have handled the ball accidentally. This refers to a player either attempting to protect himself from injury, for example by placing the hands in front of the face and then being hit by the ball, or a player being hit on the arm by the ball without moving towards the ball and without being able to move out of the way. An example might be a snap shot hitting the arm of a defender at point-blank range. However, if a player’s arm is in an unnatural position, for example outstretched or above their head, then a foul should be awarded whether accidental or not.

I wasn't sure if Madden wasn't in a position to see the first one as the replays weren't great, but I'd have thought the linesman should have seen it. The defender's arm wasn't flush with his side, it was slightly away from it - but the ball did travel a bit at pace so maybe the argument is he should have had time to try and remove it?

The Sakala tug was even worse for me - I spotted it in real time and wondered why Sky weren't talking about it. It took them a while to notice it..

And while we're on the subject, HTF are Crocker and Walker still pundits? Sky's coverage is truly awful, but like other things, we just seem to have to put up with whatever shit offer is on the table to cover/sponsor our league.

45 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Not really.  I don't think his arm was in an unnatural position (neither do quite a few of the commentators, albeit most of them aren't exactly Bear friendly).  

fortunately there is a description of an unnatural position for referees to follow. what they think is irrelevant. I have posted it. 

5 hours ago, the gunslinger said:

unnatural is clearly defined in the rules and this was unnatural as per the rules. 

https://www.premierleague.com/news/2204759

"An arm extended away from the body makes that body bigger, in an unnatural position," explains Mike Riley, Managing Director of Professional Game Match Officials Limited (PGMOL), the referees' body.

"If the ball strikes that arm, particularly if it is blocking a shot on goal, there is a greater likelihood we will penalise that."

Mike Riley doesn't think it's that clear.

As I said, it's open to interpretation.  

25 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Talk that there will be a vote on VAR soon, all 42 clubs get a vote ... and if it happens it will be implemented in the World Cup break next season. 

Do find the errors in that on your own, but make sure you don`t fall off your chair laughing ...

All 42 clubs getting a vote ffs. There really is no bottom to this barrel.